Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
They sold me from stuff I've read and the cast and now the trailer. Which is crazy because when they announced it way back when, I already had it on deck as a "skip"

At this point, these superhero movies fall into one of two categories:

1. I guess I'll watch it so I don't fall behind in the overall story
2. This looks like it might be fun

That line (and the overall tone of the trailer) made this fall into category 2 lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well you know how trailers are done now, nothing is kept under wraps until the movie drops

Same goes for guardians of the Galaxy...Why reveal when the father is revealed

There are no mysteries with trailers anymore

Homie...anything they announce during press junkets or set visits isn't a secret. The information that gets out is with a purpose. So Star Lord's dad being announced at set visits means its not a secret they're worried about. The spider man trailer that "showed too much" had everything from the trailer said in set visits so this is information they were willing to give out months ago before the first trailer was even cut.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Marvel stay crushing buildings.
:jawalrus:

wat6rr.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Guardians of the Galaxy vibes from the music used to the title card.
Eh, the title card is 80s inspired because the movie harkens back to the glory days of the fantasy/medieval genre. Conan The Barbarian, Highlander, Masters Of The Universe, Ladyhawke, etc., while Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song was used because it ties into Norse mythology (and it's just a really good song).

I wonder how Loki pretending to be Odin will tie into this all, unless they're dropping that angle harder than that meeting Tony had with Ross at the end of The Incredible Hulk. :russ:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Homie...anything they announce during press junkets or set visits isn't a secret. The information that gets out is with a purpose. So Star Lord's dad being announced at set visits means its not a secret they're worried about. The spider man trailer that "showed too much" had everything from the trailer said in set visits so this is information they were willing to give out months ago before the first trailer was even cut.
yeah,all this info has been known for months.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah,all this info has been known for months.
Yeah I mean I understand the complaint on face value, but the studio wants this stuff out and wants to conceal other stuff for a reason. If you don't want to know anything, just don't read or peep any trailers. We live in the information age and even something as innocuous as a set visit may tell you something you didn't want to know