Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Have no idea why people liked it so much. Someone said it best where Thor was unintentional funny in the first one and that’s what worked. Trying to make this like GoTG was pretty lame and the villain was so cookie cutter.
"you'll see who I am"
*jumps out the ship*
*hits the ground with a thud going limp*

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Have no idea why people liked it so much. Someone said it best where Thor was unintentional funny in the first one and that’s what worked. Trying to make this like GoTG was pretty lame and the villain was so cookie cutter.
NO fukkin idea huh?
:russ:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know if any of you guys read comics but in truth they couldn’t have done the Ragnarok story any justice. Hell in these movies they didn’t even introduce the Odin force. It would have been epic if Thor inherited it and took on the mantle of Rune king Thor. As charismatic as Chris Hemsworth is anyone who reads comics knows his Thor is far and away from the Thor in the comics.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Finally saw this the other day and it's easily the best Thor movie, and on par with Spiderman Homecoming. Beyond aesthetics, they've never tried to make movie Thor anything like his comic book counterpart. With that being the case, they at least finally made the character worthy of carrying a film this time. I've accepted that Disney Marvel movies are gonna be comedies at this point, and they hit you with the comedy from the very beginning in this one so it's not like they ever led you to believe this was supposed to be taken seriously. As long as they don't turn Black Panther into Coming to America, shyt's cool with me:yeshrug:The majority of the jokes worked, Jeff Goldblum stole all the scenes he was in, and Hulk was hilarious. It was good to finally see Thor not be as nerfed as he usually is. My only real complaint is that they completely wasted Cate Blanchett's talent and the Hela character. Her introduction was dope, but she was underused and had the same flimsy motivations for her actions that the majority of the Disney Marvel villians have had. I'm assuming she's not dead and hopefully they can get more out of the character.

Daps
Finally saw this the other day and it's easily the best Thor movie, and on par with Spiderman Homecoming. Beyond aesthetics, they've never tried to make movie Thor anything like his comic book counterpart. With that being the case, they at least finally made the character worthy of carrying a film this time. I've accepted that Disney Marvel movies are gonna be comedies at this point, and they hit you with the comedy from the very beginning in this one so it's not like they ever led you to believe this was supposed to be taken seriously. As long as they don't turn Black Panther into Coming to America, shyt's cool with me:yeshrug:The majority of the jokes worked, Jeff Goldblum stole all the scenes he was in, and Hulk was hilarious. It was good to finally see Thor not be as nerfed as he usually is. My only real complaint is that they completely wasted Cate Blanchett's talent and the Hela character. Her introduction was dope, but she was underused and had the same flimsy motivations for her actions that the majority of the Disney Marvel villians have had. I'm assuming she's not dead and hopefully they can get more out of the character.

:mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Hela sucked. I'm convinced people have started over praising every mcu villain as a response to the criticism of having weak villains.