Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
My only gripes with this film was:

1.). The first cut away scene

2.) The fact that Hulk not gettin his own solo movie. They dropped sum great stuff on his character in this movie. Plus Mark Ruffalo obviously enjoys playing Hulk. Just drop da movie!!!!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really enjoyed this movie. It is the best Thor movie hands down and the best usage of The Hulk in all of his appearances so far.

The chemistry between Thor and Hulk was great. Hopefully future films play with that more.
Tessa Thompson was great and I want more of Valkyrie.
I enjoyed the Dr. Strange cameo more than I did the entire Dr. Strange movie.
I also liked the angle Taika Waititi took in making this his kind of movie instead of trying to fit into the "Marvel mode" and anyone familiar with his work would admit this is totally a Waititi film first and foremost. It was also obvious that Waititi is a fan of Zack Snyder's film style because there were a bunch of Snyder style shots in this movie.
Jeff Goldblum was funny as fukk too.

I didn't really care about the stuff going on in Asgard. This movie would have probably been perfect if it focused solely on the goings on with The Contest of Champions and the gladiator slaves revolting against The Grandmaster.
Also didn't like any of the choices made with Hela. She was way too snarky for me. It was almost like she was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer villain instead of the major bad guy she was supposed to be.
And the way they just wiped out the Warriors Three was not cool.
Also I might have missed it while on a bathroom break but did they mention Sif even once? Its klinda odd that a movie about the destruction of Asgard wouldn't explain away why one of the realms fiercest guardians wasn't around.

All in all I would give THOR: RAGNAROK a B+

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really enjoyed this movie. It is the best Thor movie hands down and the best usage of The Hulk in all of his appearances so far.

The chemistry between Thor and Hulk was great. Hopefully future films play with that more.
Tessa Thompson was great and I want more of Valkyrie.
I enjoyed the Dr. Strange cameo more than I did the entire Dr. Strange movie.
I also liked the angle Taika Waititi took in making this his kind of movie instead of trying to fit into the "Marvel mode" and anyone familiar with his work would admit this is totally a Waititi film first and foremost. It was also obvious that Waititi is a fan of Zack Snyder's film style because there were a bunch of Snyder style shots in this movie.
Jeff Goldblum was funny as fukk too.

I didn't really care about the stuff going on in Asgard. This movie would have probably been perfect if it focused solely on the goings on with The Contest of Champions and the gladiator slaves revolting against The Grandmaster.
Also didn't like any of the choices made with Hela. She was way too snarky for me. It was almost like she was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer villain instead of the major bad guy she was supposed to be.
And the way they just wiped out the Warriors Three was not cool.
Also I might have missed it while on a bathroom break but did they mention Sif even once? Its klinda odd that a movie about the destruction of Asgard wouldn't explain away why one of the realms fiercest guardians wasn't around.

All in all I would give THOR: RAGNAROK a B+

MCU version of Contest of Champions would be :whoo::ohlawd::banderas:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
ZWHb3db.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Word. People letting that opening day hype get to them. Just watched Ragnarok for the second time. My opinion hasn’t changed. Doesn’t crack top 5 for me.
The highs of the film are really high. Buts it's just too inconsistent and messy overall. It's like you can feel the seams of a creative film maker trying to work within a system.

Winter soldier is nearly flawless.

I liked spider man homecoming better than this.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
GOATvel can't stop, won't stop.

I would say the one flaw for me was Mark Ruffalo's aloof "I've been the Hulk for a long time" portrayal. I don't know, it just felt like the most forced aspect.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Movie was great to me. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. The action was great, the visual tribute to Kirby for his 100th bday was the excellent. The hulk was good too and very expressive and felt alive until of just a big gun to point at things. Hela was captivating in almost all her scenes. She couldn’t just be defeated, they had to destroy their home to get rid of her. Surtur was dope especially the over the top giant fiery dome bringer. It’s a comic book film about space and gods and such. I expect silly and over the top things. Clancy Brown was a good choice to voice Surtur.

Great film to me