Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Look at the director of the film. Don’t know how anyone could see that Waititi was directing and not expect a comedy.

Reading these reviews I'm kinda underwhelmed. I expected something more than just another comedy :francis:
Yeeeeeaaaa idk how ol dude expected something other than a comedy between the promos, the description of the film, and the director :patrice:.....that's like going to see a movie directed by Mel brooks and thinkin it's gonna be Schindlers list :dame:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh god we have to be subjected to another hyperbolic review
What do you think? I have been hitting the hyperbolic time chamber all week to prepare for my soliloquy.

lSBe1e.gif

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Marvel movies are pretty much all comedies these days anyway, not complaining like, they found a winning formula and stuck to it fair play to them. But people expecting anything less than almost a full blown comedy is going to disappointing, there's more jokes in Marvel movies than most mainstream comedies (not a bad thing).

Black Panther looks more serious, gritty and not as funny; but willing to bet that is full of hundreds of jokes :yeshrug:
7WVvrPQ.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn’t exactly say that. It’s like that’s gotten over blown they past 3 years or so.

Like there is a difference between “humor” and “all out comedies”.

These like 20+ movies now in the mega franchise and only like 3 have been outright comedies (GOTG 1 & 2, Antman). If people wanna lump in A1 or 2..... can’t be mad at it. The others just had humor in it no different from a typical summer blockbusters movie.

There are and have been thousands of movies that have humorous moments that weren’t necessarily comedy genre movies.

Martha

Tarantino films are FILLED with humorous moments, but nobody would call any of his films a comedy.

I swear when it comes to these superhero films people start nitpicking and complaining about shyt they don't complain about with any other genre.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Tarantino films are FILLED with humorous moments, but nobody would call any of his films a comedy.

I swear when it comes to these superhero films people start nitpicking and complaining about shyt they don't complain about with any other genre.
Coen Bros. movies as well.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

True that...... The Hateful 8 is straight up jokes.....

But that didn’t hurt that movie and no one considers that to be a comedy

Martha

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
True that...... The Hateful 8 is straight up jokes.....

But that didn’t hurt that movie and no one considers that to be a comedy

Martha
That's because the writing is usually much better and the comedy isn't forced down your throat. Nothing wrong with comedy in any film as long as it's not done to remind you that the movie isn't to be taken too serious. QT is a master writer and knows how to balance drama, action and comedy all at once. Marvel has some great jokes too but u can tell they want to throw as many quips in as possible just for the sake of a quip even when it isn't needed.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's because the writing is usually much better and the comedy isn't forced down your throat. Nothing wrong with comedy in any film as long as it's not done to remind you that the movie isn't to be taken too serious. QT is a master writer and knows how to balance drama, action and comedy all at once. Marvel has some great jokes too but u can tell they want to throw as many quips in as possible just for the sake of a quip even when it isn't needed.

Oh no.... I respectfully disagree..... some of his films... the comedy is forced down your throat.

I just think that the actors are charismatic and we are fans of them so we give them a pass.

Hateful 8, Django, and Inglorious b*stard are prime examples

Back to the quip thing and Marvel? I think this is just an example of where people look at the minority and use that to base judgment on the majority. Again there are 20+ films and only like 5 are outright heavy on the comedy and that’s including the up and coming Thor.

Martha

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I saw a review that said the movie was a quirky independent comedy disguised as a superhero blockbuster. Then again it also said the plot was a gargantuan mess so take it as you will :ld: