Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another Win Brehs!
g1MfF1m.png
Whole film is executed beautifully! Action scenes, straight piff!

And
OPTAhUh.png
the the GOTG comparisons. It's nothing like it!
lol might have to steal these :deadmanny:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I watched this yesterday
I enjoyed it
Don't believe this hype that it's a top 5 marvel movie though.
The Mark ruffalo/hulk scenes seemed forced and some of the acting feels like a power ranger episode at times.
Good to see Thor finally flex his powers though.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Na...... we good!!!:IMDrinking:

I think we gonna believe the hype that it’s a top 5 Marve movie and overall a REALLY good movie.:lukecagesmirk:

Preciate your contribution to this thread but your services are no longer needed.:africankingsmh:

Wish you well on your best endeavors!:blackmouse:

Martha

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
I'm watching it and it's lit. not that funny.(I still laughed but not that much) the story seems good so far, that death lady is fine af when she let's her hear down. I'm early into it, watching a Cam version on the internet it was available to watch so. :manny:

Definitely seeing it again opening night on the big screen. best Comic movie next to Logan and WW so far this year! JL better impress me because Marvel is winning with this one.

:salute: to Marvel.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So I was busy the last couple days but here are some more thoughts on the movie.

The pacing in the opening act of the movie is abhorrent. It rushes through events that basically could make up three full movies in their own right with shyt editing and a lot of forced jokes. Outside of some hilarious cameos during one segment, nearly all of the stuff that happens until Thor ends up on Sakaar is as lame as the previous Thor movies.

Once the movie actually gets to Thor on Sakaar, it becomes a 100% Flash Gordon styled action comedy with Taika Waititi's awesome humor. It's also here that scene stealers Jeff Goldblum and Tessa Thompson show up and just be awesome. This is definitely the heart of the movie and in fact every time the movie cuts back to Hela and the Ragnarok stuff, you just phase out and wish it got back to the awesomeness.

As a movie it is all over the place but there's a lot more working here than not. Thor finally fights on his proper level, the CGI could've been a tad better, the post credits scene is the most pointless of all post credits scenes and pretty much confirmation that Marvel is running out of ideas or structure for them, some people will probably complain about how they treated Korg but frankly he had me dying the whole time.

I haven't really spoken about Hulk's role in this but the movie does feature my favorite transformation of the MCU movies (reverse transformation) and talking Hulk brings us a lot closer to where movie Hulk needs to be at this point.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
This is the freshest Superhero movie I've seen in a long time. The action was on point and it was good to see Thor finally as powerful as he should be.

Comedy was gold throughout and not forced in the slightest. Korg >>>>>

It was an 80s space comedy and they nailed it. By far the best Thor movie and probably top 5 Marvel.

CW, WS, A1, GOTG, Ragnarok