Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Witcher should be the GOT/Ring of Power equivalent for Netflix. Netflix has themselves to blame Cavill made the correct decision. Zazlav of DC is a fan of the Superman character unlike the previous regime at WB.
Netflix is horrible at promoting anything not Stranger Things:russ:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Wheel of Time definitely felt like a CW show smh. I'm not even a book stan, but the adaptations are so weak for this genre. I'll peep the first episode e of Witcher, hopefully it's better than Witcher 3 gameplay

:hubie:

I bought the game launch including season pass but it took me damn near 6 years to say fukk it and decided to tough out the gameplay. I eventually got used to it but story, characters, lore, and that fukkin' gwent side game made that shyt for me :wow:

I'll play again it whenever CDPR releases the upgrade.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Witcher 3 Goat game you just a scrub :yeshrug::yeshrug:

It all makes sense now. King player
:scust:
I bought the game launch including season pass but it took me damn near 6 years to say fukk it and decided to tough out the gameplay. I eventually got used to it but story, characters, lore, and that fukkin' gwent side game made that shyt for me :wow:

I'll play again it whenever CDPR releases the upgrade.
Yeah I've tried roughing it out 3 times. Not for me. Sucks too because some of the quests were really interesting, held my attention storyline wise more than FF15.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Over the weekend, Netflix confirmed that Henry Cavill will leave The Witcher, and the role of Geralt of Rivia, after the show's upcoming third season. The news has not received a positive response online, and the news that The Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth will take over the role has done little to calm fans down.

Both actors released statements praising each other, but we now have comments from one of The Witcher's executive producers. Taking to Facebook shortly after the news broke, Tomasz "Tomek" Bagiński compared Geralt to James Bond.

"I realize yesterday's announcement shocked at least as much as Elon's takeover of Twitter, but the world survived not such surprises," he said of the casting change. "The Witcher can make it. The third season is very strong. There are only a few years until the fourth."

"Bond and Batman discover something new and interesting with each change of appearance. We have the time. Geralt is in the same league."
In other words, "fukk em, we don't need him" :pachaha:

This reeks of 'actor tries to elevate material, producers don't care' just like Edward Norton in Hulk.

Daps
I never even started this because I wanted it to build and now I don't even want to start it

Netflix shows have a terrible track record NGL
Literally the first episode of both seasons are the best ones.

Like there's a couple with his friend that are cool.

But they never came close to topping that sword fight where he just chops an arrow in mid-air.

But yeah. This is not even close to as good as it should've been.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Screenwriters often gas themselves up into thinking they are better writers then the authors of the source material.
If that was truly the case, they wouldn't be screenwriters, they'd be best selling authors.
Nobody would rather be a nameless staff writer on payroll at netflix over being a JK Rowling or a Tolkien.
So anytime you hear about them disliking the source material or just deviating from it in general its usually a bad sign.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I disagree with breh. It's up to you but I'd at least watch the first episode of Witcher before throwing it in the bushes. While I didn't hate Wheel of Time (still haven't read the source material) both season premiers of Witcher bodied everything I seen in Wheel. I'd compare Wheel with Shadow & Bone. Both CW tier shows with big budget effects :mjgrin:

I don't like LOTR so Rings of Power is automatic trash. :hubie:

Recent news of the writers not liking the source material came out a few weeks back. There's been changes since the start of the show that pissed off fans. I only came off the Witcher 3 game so it's whatever to me.

Yea I was fukking around its not that bad I didnt even finish WoT :mjlol: but this should’ve been goat tier and its on Hercules/Xena for the 2020s timing. Ive played the games and listened to the audio books, Geralt has alot more dialogue than "Hmmm" and staring off into the distance, they Mary Sued the fukk out of Yennefer and made her act out of character, Vesemir was butchered like that too man wtf am I even watching at this point :mindblown:

The fight scenes are good though :manny:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cavalli gone?

I am good...no season 3 for me...

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps
Sounds like I will let that whole season ride and check in with reviews. There are quite a few shows that I am not watching due to the bs these writers are injecting into the story.