Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
So he left because of creative differences?
He wasn't happy with the direction they took with Geralt and complained about it in interviews...

He wanted Geralt in the show to have more dialogue and be more like his novel counterpart...

Instead they chose to have Yennefer hijack two other characters story arcs just to be relevant in season 2...

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yeah, odds are he didn't like Netflix's direction. I mean this last season had Yennefer do some out of character shyt towards Ciri, shyt that never happened in the books. Odds are they doubled down during filming for S3 :francis:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If this is worse than Wheel of Time no need for me to even start it.

:scust:

I disagree with breh. It's up to you but I'd at least watch the first episode of Witcher before throwing it in the bushes. While I didn't hate Wheel of Time (still haven't read the source material) both season premiers of Witcher bodied everything I seen in Wheel. I'd compare Wheel with Shadow & Bone. Both CW tier shows with big budget effects :mjgrin:

I don't like LOTR so Rings of Power is automatic trash. :hubie:

Why do ppl keep saying the writers hate the books

Recent news of the writers not liking the source material came out a few weeks back. There's been changes since the start of the show that pissed off fans. I only came off the Witcher 3 game so it's whatever to me.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I disagree with breh. It's up to you but I'd at least watch the first episode of Witcher before throwing it in the bushes. While I didn't hate Wheel of Time (still haven't read the source material) both season premiers of Witcher bodied everything I seen in Wheel. I'd compare Wheel with Shadow & Bone. Both CW tier shows with big budget effects :mjgrin:

I don't like LOTR so Rings of Power is automatic trash. :hubie:

Recent news of the writers not liking the source material came out a few weeks back. There's been changes since the start of the show that pissed off fans. I only came off the Witcher 3 game so it's whatever to me.

Wheel of Time definitely felt like a CW show smh. I'm not even a book stan, but the adaptations are so weak for this genre. I'll peep the first episode e of Witcher, hopefully it's better than Witcher 3 gameplay

:hubie:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They fukked up Season 2? Season 1 was so good tho… damn. I started episode 1 of S2 but never finished

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cavali sucks so i don't really care that much about his performance its just jarring to change the main character of a show 3 seasons deep. I'm willing to wait and see
I wouldn't say he sucks. But to act like he makes the show is hilarious. People watch the show because its a popular IP and the lore. Acting like the show is ruined because of the change is another case of internet got every regular Joe thinking they a well renowned critic. Nothing about Henry acting on this show is noteworthy

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn’t even both with the 2nd season, even though my guy Mackie was on it.

Outside of Stranger Things netflix ain’t trying to come up out they pockets :manny:
You just touched on something

Game of Thrones was a gift and a curse for fantasy because now you have all these adaptations, but like it or not you gotta spend BREAD if you're gonna do these things justice. If you skim or cheap out even a little
:francis:

I was never a fantasy head but Game Of Thrones got me into it and interested. I considered checking out Wheel Of Time because I'm not about to read 16 book series(:mjlol:) but when I watched a few clips them effects and CW lighting had me :francis:. I never watched the show

If you wanna hop on the fantasy wave you gotta be willing to spend BIG bread.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You just touched on something

Game of Thrones was a gift and a curse for fantasy because now you have all these adaptations, but like it or not you gotta spend BREAD if you're gonna do these things justice. If you skim or cheap out even a little
:francis:

I was never a fantasy head but Game Of Thrones got me into it and interested. I considered checking out Wheel Of Time because I'm not about to read 16 book series(:mjlol:) but when I watched a few clips then effects had me :francis:. I never watched the show

If you wanna hop on the fantasy wave you gotta be willing to spend BIG bread.

Yeah, certain genres require more investment or its gonna end up looking like Hercules The Legendary Journey.

I tried wheel of time, just couldn’t take it seriously.