Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

ZILFIN

Daps
I threw the towel in after falling asleep on episode four last night. Removed it from my list and cleared my history. Damn shame too because I like Cavill. :yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I threw the towel in after falling asleep on episode four last night. Removed it from my list and cleared my history. Damn shame too because I like Cavill. :yeshrug:

so far it’s kinda cheesy...like syfy channel cheesy...but I like it tho...I’ll finish up the season this week

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On episode 5 and One thing that is annoying are the past/present timelines going back and forth without letting the audience know.

Also everything is feeling like a set instead of an actual location. Outside of those things, I like it.

it’s not until ep 4 that I fully understood that we were witnessing different timelines...I like how they did it tho

• Dap
Reactions: hex

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not true, I have no knowledge whatsoever about this story and I care about Yennefer and I'm intrigues about Ciri :manny:

ya I barely played the witcher 3...that’s my only “connection” to these characters...series is intriguing tho...I definitely want to read the books

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yennefer's is the oldest. I believe the beginning of her story takes place 30 years before Geralt's. Geralt's story is next. I'm assuming something like 10 years before Ciri's since he's there before she's born. Ciri's is the most current. Or if you view it as the Witcher's POV being most important, then Ciri's story takes place in the future. They eventually all converge anyway.

Edit:
Rewatching the first episode, and Geralt's story begins way earlier than I thought. Ciri says her grandmother (Queen Calanthe) won her first battle at Hochebuz when she was Ciri's age. The next scene, Renfri is talking to Geralt and says Queen Calanthe just won her first battle at Hochebuz. Pretty easy to miss when you don't realize there's different timelines and none of the names of these places mean anything to you.

I thought I could get away w/ not giving the show my full attention...after watching ep 4 tho I wanna go back and rewatch the first 3 eps to see what clues I missed that clearly revealed the different timelines

wait...why am I responding to 2 month old posts?

got caught up in reading these shyts lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
did anyone else get hit with a strong since of nostalgia watching this like taking you back to the 90's as a kid watching the sword and sandal, monster/ villain of the week, traveling adventurer type show's of the 90's ( hercules: the legendary journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess, Young Hercules, The Adventures of Sinbad, Conan the Adventurer, The New Adventures of Robin Hood, Beastmaster)

herculesbu0.jpg
Maternalinstincts_01.jpg

MV5BNTY1ZjAxM2MtNWNhZC00YzVlLWEzZDItZGEyM2FlZTc2ZWExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTIwNDI1ODM@._V1_.jpg
0847931fc2aa924cfe2a33bbf1fb7f33--bandit-queen-conan-the-barbarian.jpg
beastmaster-5946aec6e67d9.jpg

The_New_Adventures_of_Robin_Hood_TV_Series-564117512-large.jpg

yes it absolutely has that feel for better and/or for worse