Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukked with season 1 for the most part. Hopefully they step it up work season 2 tho. One minor thing that bothered me is that the show was always overcast and gloomy. The one segment where they were hunting the dragon out in the sun marching it still looked oddly dim. Compare that up game of thrones and the Witcher game where there’s some beautiful locations and sets and it just irks me. Too much grey and darkness gets depressing.

I know their budget is prob a fraction of game of thrones but still.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Wise decision. It was poorly handled and unnecessary. For show going through such a heavy lore and world building in its 1st season. The way they handle the timelines was just sloppy editing and random.

Also, glad the show runner backed off on not using The Wild Hunt after CD project got a new Witcher deal and improved their relationship.
Well, season 1 was based on the the first two books. And they jumped back and forth with the timeline too. But all the rest of the books in the series followed one single timeline. So i don't think they were going to do the time jumping in season 2 regardless of the reception.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Well, season 1 was based on the the first two books. And they jumped back and forth with the timeline too. But all the rest of the books in the series followed one single timeline. So i don't think they were going to do the time jumping in season 2 regardless of the reception.
I know that, but they still did it poorly.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I know that, but they still did it poorly.
Understood, just saying this isn't surprising regardless. More necessity than wisdom.

Also regarding the wild hunt aspect. I'm hoping they don't use that actually. It was a great game, but the whole premise sort of (not entirely) contradicts the ending of the entire book series.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Understood, just saying this isn't surprising regardless. More necessity than wisdom.

Also regarding the wild hunt aspect. I'm hoping they don't use that actually. It was a great game, but the whole premise sort of (not entirely) contradicts the ending of the entire book series.
I agree, but there will be creative liberties taken with the Wild Hunt. They aren't going to easily translate 1:1 from video game characters to on-screen multi-season arch antagonist. They are gonna change a lot of things because what works in video games doesn't work in film.

The main reason that I want them brought over is there is potential for them to be great and succeed while prolonging the life of the show. But that won't be till after season 4.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Kinda confused by this part as "TW3" takes place after the books.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Kinda confused by this part as "TW3" takes place after the books.

Fred.
The books end with Geralt and Yennifer dying. Fulfilling the bonded fate in the last wish. They don't explicitly state how they come back to life in the games.

The main way around it, is that ending is a little ambigous in the books, so you can act like they were healed or something, but never says that they actually were, it was meant as a final ending.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The books end with Geralt and Yennifer dying. Fulfilling the bonded fate in the last wish. They don't explicitly state how they come back to life in the games.

The main way around it, is that ending is a little ambigous in the books, so you can act like they were healed or something, but never says that they actually were, it was meant as a final ending.

It was never definitively stated they died. And subsequent stories afterwards just confuse the issue more.

The ending of the Witcher saga

It basically ended same as "The Sopranos".

And they never came back to life in the games. There is a reference to them surviving the attack by the townspeople, towards the beginning of "TW3".

Regardless, the ending to the books and what happened to Geralt and Yen is open ended.

Fred.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I watched that 365 days bullshyt on netflix,the main female lead in that movie looks more like Yennefer than the Yen in the show. :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I watched that 365 days bullshyt on netflix,the main female lead in that movie looks more like Yennefer than the Yen in the show. :yeshrug:
:mjpls:good for her.
too many cacs in the game for my taste anyways, most of the characters in the show are more accurate to the books. especially Triss. The whole theme of the stories was racial discrimination against witcher, elves and dwarves. Seemed kinda ironic that game choose to portray that with nothing but white people representing diversity of all these "races."
Sort of like how x-men used to be a bunch of white people portray the mlk v Malcolm X dynamic :mjlol: they tried to say this and plus magneto and professor x was a statement against racism/
220px-Original_X-Men.jpeg

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:mjpls:good for her.
too many cacs in the game for my taste anyways, most of the characters in the show are more accurate to the books. especially Triss. The whole theme of the stories was racial discrimination against witcher, elves and dwarves. Seemed kinda ironic that game choose to portray that with nothing but white people representing diversity of all these "races."
Sort of like how x-men used to be a bunch of white people portray the mlk v Malcolm X dynamic :mjlol: they tried to say this and plus magneto and professor x was a statement against racism/
220px-Original_X-Men.jpeg

Bruh I'll be the first one to tell you I didn't understand casting black actors in this, how many black people have you met native to Poland? :heh:

It isn't being racist to have all white actors in a show based around EASTERN EUROPEAN folklore bruh. You reaching bruh.