Official The Witcher Thread (R.I.P. - fukk Superman)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's dope is this is early enough in the story time line that, if this goes on for multiple seasons, they could eventually get to The Wild Hunt. :wow:

Fred.

A lot of people shyt on this because they’re not jumping straight into those stories, but if this is done right imagine all of the world building/character development they can do throughout 7 seasons, especially the bond between Geralt & Ciri, and the final season can be The Wild Hunt coming after Ciri and assaulting Kaer Morhen ect.

I know I’m getting way ahead, but This show apparently already has what Game Of Thrones didn’t, a clear end game

Edit: also, I was one of those shytting on these castings, I was wrong, all 3 look really dope as their characters.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
New trailer looks kinda dope. Still need to get over the fact that they don't look like the video game version.:francis:

Fred.
did you expect them to find actresses that looked exactly like the character models. or something else bothering you?:mjpls:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people shyt on this because they’re not jumping straight into those stories, but if this is done right imagine all of the world building/character development they can do throughout 7 seasons, especially the bond between Geralt & Ciri, and the final season can be The Wild Hunt coming after Ciri and assaulting Kaer Morhen ect.

I know I’m getting way ahead, but This show apparently already has what Game Of Thrones didn’t, a clear end game

Edit: also, I was one of those shytting on these castings, I was wrong, all 3 look really dope as their characters.

Yeah, read a tweet that they have material for 7 seasons. Only thing I'm worried about is that most Netflix shows don't last that long. Only ones that come to mind is Orange, Bojack, and Voltron.

They already green lit a second season but Netflix's mysterious algorithm could still send this to the bushes prematurely.

I'm hyped and hoping for the best though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, at first I was :hhh: about the casting but Yen and Ciri do look pretty good. Geralt I always thought looked decent, at least.

I never thought they'd go straight into the game material, since the last "Witcher" novel ends on a cliff hanger with Geralt being attacked by an angry mob....that's referenced in the beginning of "The Wild Hunt".

I didn't think they would be cast based on the games looks. The main character is one thing, but doing that for everyone would really draw out the casting process.

Probably, but the games are a hell of a lot more popular in the mainstream than the books. So making a Netflix series based on the books, not the games, is kind of puzzling.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah, at first I was :hhh: about the casting but Yen and Ciri do look pretty good. Geralt I always thought looked decent, at least.

I never thought they'd go straight into the game material, since the last "Witcher" novel ends on a cliff hanger with Geralt being attacked by an angry mob....that's referenced in the beginning of "The Wild Hunt".

Probably, but the games are a hell of a lot more popular in the mainstream than the books. So making a Netflix series based on the books, not the games, is kind of puzzling.

Fred.
I meant more in a sense of raw numbers, getting 5 to 8 people who all look like the character they're playing without having to settle for a handful of shytty actors is hard. It's easier to do it for 1 or 2 of the main primary characters. and then everybody just get the best audition.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Ive had wild hunt for 3 years and im not even close to finishing it

I started playing mines again and i have a total playtime of 134hrs thats after the main story, shytload of sidequests and hearts of stone..i still have blood and wine to do and all the countless ?s spread around each map. The content in that game is ridiculous

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I started playing mines again and i have a total playtime of 134hrs thats after the main story, shytload of sidequests and hearts of stone..i still have blood and wine to do and all the countless ?s spread around each map. The content in that game is ridiculous

"Blood And Wine" alone is longer than most modern games. :wow:

Fred.