Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I am starting to think that Michonne doesn't know that Andrea and Rick's crew are connected. There is no good reason I can come up with for her to keep it a secret. So I am betting that the show is going to have it be that Andrea told Michonne she was with a group but she didn't go into details about the individual members and she probably assumed that they all died on the farm. Otherwise they are making Michonne seem like a really flaky character.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but wasn't Michonne there for the conversion between Merle abs Andrea about his brother and the group from Atlanta? Wasn't she there for the conversion between Merle and Glenn about Darryl? Did she not lead a group including Darryl back to Woodbury? There is no excuse for her not to know

In regards to Andrea, I disagree with you. Fish tanks with heads don't mean shyt in that world. In an insane world people do crazy site to maintain normalcy. We've got Rick accepting phone calls from dead people when we all know ain't no damn electricity. Still, we see him as an effective leader...not a psycho. What has he don't that was so wrong? Kill some soldiers that we know nothing about? L ied to keep vital information to himself? Had the information beat out of a prisoner for his group's well-being? Hasn't Rick done all of this also?

So far it's been"my group vs your group" and the show has succeeded in making the governor a sympathetic figure instead of the piece of shyt he was from jump in the comics

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
to those of you who have read the comics...I havent...why do you think the writers of the show are not making some of the characters more aligned with their comic version (ie Michonne, Andrea) it seems like with Rick (from what ive heard) he is the only character that is the same in both

Im already hearing that the show appears to not do tyrese any justice either

Michonne is brooding and anti social in the comics but more trusting when she knows she's in a good situation. When she didn't trust the governor in the comics she stated it to Rock in confidence, and almost immediately she was proven right. She made no angry faces or actions that gave off her suspicions. In the show she's a bytch for no reason and doesn't even trust Rick's group fully when she first meets them even though she does know that they are linked to her friend Andrea. It's just too much in the wrong direction...and that's the writers fault

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to those of you who have read the comics...I havent...why do you think the writers of the show are not making some of the characters more aligned with their comic version (ie Michonne, Andrea) it seems like with Rick (from what ive heard) he is the only character that is the same in both

racism

in the books, most of the black people come off strong and non-stereotypical.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:birdman:
She still doing all this for a reason
Which is?
they've fukked over michonnes character and i can already tell they wont do tyrese any justice.

rick damn near begged her to join the group in the comics. on the show, she pleas with them to stay with their group. goes against her entire character in the books

and they already put tyrese in a c00ns corner with carl. they love making black women stronger than black men on tv.

I agree with you on Michonne. It's too early to tell with Tyreese. He started off as friendly in the comics as well as smart and strong. I haven't seen a betrayal of that yet

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

No Rick isn't. Rick was not the unquestioned leader of the group until later on. Tyrese was that nikka and him and Rick shared power while running the prison. I'm not sure if they will show this on the show but Tyrese does some hard core gangsta shyt that left Rick in awe. I won't say anymore. I really don't like how Carl just locked them up like that though. That isn't how this shyt is suppose to go down and they are fukking Michonnes character up too. She was not always ice grilling everyone and had that pissed off face at all time either. She was more subdued and quiet and you couldn't really see her eyes that much. It when the time came she was a beast like in last nights episode but she was more numb to her surroundings and what was happening in the comic than in pissed off black woman fukk all white people mode like she does on the show.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah... it's pretty obvious that people need to stop looking to the comic and the show to be a mirror. The comic is nothing more than source material. The show writers have taken things into their own hands, mostly for the worst.

The only two changes they've made for the better were keeping Shane alive a hell of a lot longer than he stayed in the books, and the addition of Darryl.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
watching this now ... TYRESE? :krs:

I heard a lot bout this guy from you comic readers, better deliver.

I'm anticipating Oscar to die since there can only be 1. :troll:

:beli: if you want'em to deliver then read the comics. Comic readers already told y'all the show and book are different storylines

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as it stands, they're only doing carl justice to his comic book character

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This season is only half way through and it's lookin' like GOAT-ness. Watch zombies shows pop up everywhere.

This dude, Governor, is a straight up tyrant. Something told me; Merle was gonna get got. I just thought it may have been Daryl, on a showdown tip.

I liked how they played the Michonne/Gov fight; but, what's funny about TV is; they'll show a room of severed heads, a zombie toddler gettin' stabbed thru the eye & a man get stabbed, in the eye, with a broke piece of glass (TWD been hella gory over the last month or so :krs:), but; damn if they have anything of rape scene. I didn't wanna see a rape, but, it's ridicilous how taboo sex is on TV versus violence. One mistake the writers are makin'; TV Michonne hates the Gov with the same hate that comics Michonne.

The only thing Gov has done to TV Michonne is; make her suspecious. While comics Michonne has reasons to want to kill him. Oh yea; I see why ya'll are upset at :hmm: Michonne. :laugh: She :hmm: so much; it's weird when she tries to show emotion, in her face. I hope the writers keep up with that.

The 2nd half is lookin' crazy; Rick gets a kiss from Beth (I think that's Maggie's sister's name) and Unlimited-Hersh' starts snappin'...what's that about?

Oh yea; :laugh: at Maggie becoming Lori Croft, all of the sudden :laugh:

And I actually missed the whole Meryl lying about Michonne's death comin' back to this ep. I thought the Gov just needed a scapegoat, but, he actually has a legit reason to be suspicious of Meryl lying.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
as it stands, they're only doing carl justice to his comic book character

I wouldn't say that either. The timing is just off.
Carl doesn't become a G until he kills that other kid in the prison and starts becoming distant like Michonne. He gets quiet and you see him become a psycho. Even Nagan is scared to death of him and knows he's a psychopath. Ain't no turning back for him after his face gets shot off.