Official The Suicide Squad Thread

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
It's pretty obvious this was not the same Starro from the comics. Starro from the comics usually rolls up and is like "Yeah this is my planet and y'all aren't going to stop me".

WB doesn't have the balls to make a movie with Starro as the big bad vs JL. Look how bad they fukked up an easy A-tier bad guys like Doomsday and Lex Luthor. There's no way in hell they could ever properly figure out how to use The actual comic book version of Starro. They don't have that in them, if they did there's no way in hell they let Gunn use him in this movie.

Also Gunn seemingly makes it obvious that this version of Starro isn't a conqueror at all except in name and seemingly is just doing everything in self defense and anger. Technically there's an opening that the comic version of Starro could show up looking for it's offspring or something but I doubt we see that.
Yeah, they'd probably want a household named got justice league anyway. Starro could've been a cool villain for the lantern corps, if they ever got that of the ground. Went out way too easy. Harley not getting taken over cause she put her face in her lap was some weak shyt.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I gave it a 7 outta 10 because of the ending and who got capped.

Besides that my girl didn’t care for it as much she did say however it was a better movie than the last one she gave it a 6/10

Daps
Yeah, they'd probably want a household named got justice league anyway. Starro could've been a cool villain for the lantern corps, if they ever got that of the ground. Went out way too easy. Harley not getting taken over cause she put her face in her lap was some weak shyt.

I was thinking about that, but Harley seemingly never dies in the comics either...... She's almost got as much plot armor as a hero. It's weird but to be honest she's one of the most interesting characters DC currently has going for it across all their mediums.

Last edited:

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This was way better than the first which isn't saying much. Bloodsport, Ratcatcher 2, and King Shark were my favorite characters. Harley Quinn and John Cena were annoying as hell. I give an 8/10 on pure enjoyment, but a 6.5 as a film.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
It was a decent movie. Like someone already said, the HQ love interest arch made zero sense and only dragged the movie on. It wasn't needed and added zero to the story aside from her getting the spear. It was random. But it was good. I know Gun directed it, but its clear that Waitiki's Ragnorrok had a huge influence on this film. Just the randomness of it all. Had a handful of MCU stars making cameos. John Cena and Elba were good together. M.R. is going to fukk around and be typecast as Harley Quinn forever. And if we ever get John Constantine in the DCEU it'll be interesting to see the relationship between him and King Shark..

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
So I’m curious

what do you guys think is next?

does Harley bloodsport king shark and rat catcher all come back?

does cena return?

you would think viola is a lock but I’m not sure

will smith return? He probably needs it

what other characters could be involved?

good questions but id take elba and harley…maybe will smith(his contract will have a no cry scene)

8-9 new people…im actually interested in a 3rd movie

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I loved this movie. A bit too long because of the Harley stuff, but I’m a Harley fan so I didn’t totally mind. I just think that personal character development either belongs in her own movie, a proper Gotham City Sirens, or Ivy should have been introduced in this movie.

I can’t think of any other B level villain that has been getting attention like King Shark. He needs to be in Aquaman 2.

The movie is violent as hell, has crude humor, but yet has a lot of heart. King Shark just wanted friends :to:

I don’t get some of the critiques of the movie. It’s too violent. Killing that guy that was sleeping was so horrible. The animal cruelty. Why is Harley like that? The shyt is called The Suicide Squad. It’s filled with killers and super villains to go do black ops shyt. And Harley is a crazy bytch, with all types of issues, a lot of which go back before Joker.

They had no right to kill off those exotic birdies :to: :sadbron:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So I’m curious

what do you guys think is next?

does Harley bloodsport king shark and rat catcher all come back?

does cena return?

you would think viola is a lock but I’m not sure

will smith return? He probably needs it

what other characters could be involved?
I really don't know if they could do another one of these again.
I need them to make the gotham city sirens movie like they originally planned

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Ayer's version wasn't supposed to be a dark action/comedy... To me Ayer's version's original aesthetic appeared to be an all out gritty crime/drama like most of his cop directed material

@Dr. Narcisse

The studio decided to have that company edit it like a dark comedy but it was weak and fell flat. Gunn's movie is an all out dark action/comedy and it's wonderful :wow:
That's definitely the vibe I was getting from the initial trailer for the original, then Guardians success happened and everything seemed to pivot for SS. This one worked so much better once they got the original chef to just make their dish using their ingredients instead of trying to do it themselves. I really enjoyed this one and it might be my favorite DCEU movie. King Shark was great. Just a fun character to play with.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Liked the movie
Still don't have it over the OG squad movie
Next movie bring back Deadshot, Harley, Bloodsport, and Zombie Rick flag(they need to stop killing this dude off in all squad content)