Official The Oscars Thread 2022

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Will Smith is the obvious front runner and is going home with his first Academy Award.

Its crazy because twenty years ago Will and Denzel duked it out in the same category with Denzel winning.

I’m actually more surprised that Leonardo Di’Caprio got snubbed in favor of Bardem. He even managed to pull off a BAFTA nom but I guess American voters weren’t as impressed with him on Don’t Look Up.

Denis Velleneuve was ROBBED of a Directing nomination. All of those noms for the movie and I guess it just directed itself:francis:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This list is pretty disrespectful to the A24 gems that dropped within the past year. At least Macbeth got some shine but damn. :mindblown:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Happy for Penelope Cruz. Much deserved.

I've seen all BP nominees except don't look up

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Looking at these nominations it just drives home that 2021 was not that stellar of a year for film.

I can't even think of any snubs that I really give a damn about in any category since the weirdos behind Encanto didn't even put 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' into consideration for a nom. Maybe Ruth Negga for Passing not getting a Best Supporting Actress nom but while she was great the movie itself was kind of mediocre.

Everyone involved with House of Gucci has to be smoking crack to think they would be rewarded for that unintentionally hilarious nonsense they put on film.

I am getting a ton of schadenfreude from the fact that Don't Look Up didn't clean up in nominations like people were anticipating.
It only got the Best Picture nomination because the category has so many open slots nowadays but I doubt it will win anything (not even Best Original Screenplay which is where all of the films hopes and dreams will lie) and it really doesn't deserve to win anything. That move was overrated ass.

Hopefully Denzel wins for Best Actor and Anjanue Ellis gets the trophy for Best Supporting Actress.

Olivia Colman's performance in The Lost Daughter is on an entirely different level than the other actresses in the Best Actress category. If Colman doesn't win it will be a legit robbery.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Did anyone watch being the Ricardo's? I feel like it's one of those movies everyone is pretending to like and didn't watch

And damn House of Gucci ain't get a fukkin thing :francis:
I liked Being The Ricardos but Nicole Kidman gave the least impressive performance in the whole thing. I didn't think Kristen Stewart was all that great as Princess Di in Spencer either. Of the three Best Actress noms who played real life women, Jessica Chastain in The Eyes of Tammy Faye was the only one I think deserves any acting award recognition.