Official The Oscars Thread 2022

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The reason I knew the slap was real a little afterwards was because as Chris was reading the nominees he looked HURT. And I don’t mean physically hurt but emotionally hurt. I don’t think Chris truly meant any ill intent behind what he said BUT here’s where he fukked up

A). Jada has been open about her battle with Alopecia and how losing her hair is a symptom of her illness. Chris might not have known but making fun of a person’s suffering is a low blow and if you look at the direct aftermath of the joke Jada looked pissed as hell.

B). Will Smith is a man like any other man. No matter how nice, humble, or corny you THINK he is Will Smith is a dude from Philly and above all else he is a MAN. A man who has been disrespected at literally EVERY awards ceremony this season even while racking up wins. At the SAG Awards Laverne Cox disrespected Will and Jada to their faces. Will ate that. At the BAFTA’s Rebel Wilson disrespected them live on tv and was dismissive about doing so. Will ate that. Now, on the night of his coronation, after thirty years of enduring the “soft” “cream puff” treatment yet @Another Man refers to a symptom of his WIFE’S illness!?!!.

Will snapped as soon as he saw Jada’s facial expression. She was 100% NOT feeling that. And by proxy Will let out probably close to thirty years of pent up aggression and anger on Chris’s face.

To sum it up using a Chris Rock joke. “I’m not saying he should’ve slapped him…but I understand”

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The reason I knew the slap was real a little afterwards was because as Chris was reading the nominees he looked HURT. And I don’t mean physically hurt but emotionally hurt. I don’t think Chris truly meant any ill intent behind what he said BUT here’s where he fukked up

A). Jada has been open about her battle with Alopecia and how losing her hair is a symptom of her illness. Chris might not have known but making fun of a person’s suffering is a low blow and if you look at the direct aftermath of the joke Jada looked pissed as hell.

B). Will Smith is a man like any other man. No matter how nice, humble, or corny you THINK he is Will Smith is a dude from Philly and above all else he is a MAN. A man who has been disrespected at literally EVERY awards ceremony this season even while racking up wins. At the SAG Awards Laverne Cox disrespected Will and Jada to their faces. Will ate that. At the BAFTA’s Rebel Wilson disrespected them live on tv and was dismissive about doing so. Will ate that. Now, on the night of his coronation, after thirty years of enduring the “soft” “cream puff” treatment yet @Another Man refers to a symptom of his WIFE’S illness!?!!.

Will snapped as soon as he saw Jada’s facial expression. She was 100% NOT feeling that. And by proxy Will let out probably close to thirty years of pent up aggression and anger on Chris’s face.

To sum it up using a Chris Rock joke. “I’m not saying he should’ve slapped him…but I understand”
This. I see a lot of people talking about "Well if didn't react, no one would've remembered the joke anyway". Yes, but HE would've remembered the joke and so would Jada. That's the point. :russ:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
TJ Holmes looked so disappointed this morning on GMA and he sort of put everything I said in other threads last night into prospective. That slap overshadowed everything. It won't be remembered as the night Will won a well deserved Oscar, it'll instead be remembered as the night Will slapped Chris Rock in the face. I'm sure they'll have both share the stage next year presenting an award or something, but regardless, this is the thing that everyone is talking about this morning. I also forgot that this was the first Oscar to have an all black production team too.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I can't believe they didn't air Samuel l Jackson getting his honorary Oscar live on air. This is the actor with the biggest cumulative box office sales and most appearances in film on record

He's done it all and they don't air it :dahell:
It hasn't been aired in like 15 years. They do it at the pre-Oscar ball thingy.

This the longest cer1emony I have ever seen. Usually it's 3 hours. Tonight it was 4
A couple of years they went over 4hours. There was 1 year, they felt it was so long that a year or 2 after, they gave people like 30secs before wrap-up music...and they've also tried the "host-less" thing to see if it flowed better.

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
there's some history there too though

they're trying to link this to how things went down.

jada rolled her eyes like she dont like him, will went out sad tonight (but he still got the W so i guess it's not a complete L)

Later in the same bit said: I thought about quitting, but the last thing I need is to loose another job to Kevin Hart.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He ain't signing shyt without lawyers I hope. I'd sue the academy, will, the production company, ABC :manny:

The academy doesn't control his comedy career so it won't stop his bag
And you'd be looked at as a bytch ass nikka for doing all that shyt.

Not a good look for a well known comedian on Rock's level. He's better off channeling all that into a comedy special than doing a police report.

Your post reeks of straight up p*ssy.

:scust:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TJ Holmes looked so disappointed this morning on GMA and he sort of put everything I said in other threads last night into prospective. That slap overshadowed everything. It won't be remembered as the night Will won a well deserved Oscar, it'll instead be remembered as the night Will slapped Chris Rock in the face. I'm sure they'll have both share the stage next year presenting an award or something, but regardless, this is the thing that everyone is talking about this morning. I also forgot that this was the first Oscar to have an all black production team too.
I completely agree. Overshadowed the whole thing.