Official The New Edition Story Thread

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you guys acting brand new like this is the first time you watched tv if it is a six hours it is usally 4hrs and 20 mins of film time

I wonder if they are going to release the full director's cut to this? :jbhmm: with all the commercials, that means they prob cut like an hour out of the film at least. :patrice:

if anyone has ever seen Mario Puzo's Last Don, the uncut version was so much better than the tv version because the tv was missing like an hour. it even had a plot for when the Mafia was trying to fix the Super Bowl :picard:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I posted this in another thread but maybe one of ya'll can help me out.
Does anyone know where I can find THIS version of Yo Baby Yo or if it even exists? This is so much better than the album version

When you find it, let me know because I've been looking for it too

This and Ginuwine's 'Give Me 24' are my two biggest music mysteries. But Ginuwine addressed the latter and said he lost it :mjgrin:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

didnt read the article but will check it out but I can tell you why in so many words. he was very loyal to NE and didnt want to do anything solo until after Bob left and they had gotten stale. I remember that at the time most people didnt know Bobby was kicked out of the group, they just thought he went solo. many thought he would flop because everyone was saying it was a mistake and that Ralph shouldve been the one going solo. That couldve been Ralph in that same position with the same producers/writers. when Ralph finally did his project, although it was a success, he missed his perfect window.

sn: yall know about Ralph singing some lead parts on Every Lil Step?

Daps
I never heard Whitney getting him hooked on drugs, the version i always heard was that Bobby corrupted the "sweet & innocent" Whitney:sas2:
I've heard a lot people say that especially after that lifetime movie came out. I've seen a few people on here talk about how Whitney ruined his life and if he never got with her, he would have been as big as MJ or Prince which is obviously bullchit.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
Posted.
Let's get it for the finale, Coli
giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Ol Hakeem has been ripping this role as Michael Bivins. He has exceeded expectations :salute:
I'm not gonna lie, I thought breh might be typecast as Hakeem his whole career. But dude is starting to show some range. Hopefully he can start getting some movie roles.

And shoutout to the kids from Part 1. All of them have potential to do big things.