Official The New Edition Story Thread

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn no wonder Ralph doesn't want to promote the movie these muthafukkas are lying on him saying they never knew that he went to bat for them to get a contract when it is in COURT DOCUMENTS that Maurice initial only signed Ralph to a contract and had to be convinced by Ralph and his mom to sign the others and that is why ralph and them were on two different contracts like damn all the sacrifices this nikka did for them and they still always feel the need to throw shots at him.

Lets be honest if ralph goes solo in 87 he would have blown up but once Bobby blew up you had Al B Sure Keith Sweat the young rnb market was saturated where in 87 it wasn't and that is why when he released in 90 it didn't have the effect so i mean it is foul for them to not give him his credit and the sacrifices he did for them

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Damn no wonder Ralph doesn't want to promote the movie these muthafukkas are lying on him saying they never knew that he went to bat for them to get a contract when it is in COURT DOCUMENTS that Maurice initial only signed Ralph to a contract and had to be convinced by Ralph and his mom to sign the others and that is why ralph and them were on two different contracts like damn all the sacrifices this nikka did for them and they still always feel the need to throw shots at him.

Lets be honest if ralph goes solo in 87 he would have blown up but once Bobby blew up you had Al B Sure Keith Sweat the young rnb market was saturated where in 87 it wasn't and that is why when he released in 90 it didn't have the effect so i mean it is foul for them to not give him his credit and the sacrifices he did for them
facts, I hate it when the snakes win and are able to tell their version of the story:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
They made some good points. I will say though that we may never see another group where none of the members were a weak link. All of these guys were able to establish success outside of the main NE group. I can't think of another group that can do that. Usually you have one superstar, another member with a solid career and the rest of the members are waiting at home for the reunion tour (i.e. Destiny's Child, NSYNC, etc)

In regards to Ralph, it really was a timing thing. I think if he had released his stuff earlier like he wanted, he may have been a bigger star, but it may have also meant he wouldn't have come back to NE which means no Heart Break, arguably their best album.

That said, I don't think anyone can dispute Ralph's status as an icon just because he didn't become a megastar solo.