Official The New Edition Story Thread

Rollo Goodlove

Palestine Titty
Daps
Reppin
California, America
thoughts:

- part 1 was so fukking good.....

- i like that they really broke it up into 3 parts so they get get real informative, and not just gloss over shyt....

- great casting....

- it makes a lot of sense now why ralph was singing lead on most songs cause labels were trying to make it ralph and new edition...damn shame...

...cant wait fr the other 2 parts....will def be picking this up when it comes out...

side note: i havent watched bet in so long, but damn if they shows/mini series they advertised last night looked interesting as hell...will have to check them out....
The quad :mjgrin:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy thing is Ricky Bell is the better singer. I guess Ralph had the pretty boy look that could sell.

Ralph gave them something unique as far as sound goes. I remember when Candy Girl came out. Everyone really thought it was an old Jackson 5 song remixed or Foster Sylver's voice hadn't changed or something(the Sylvers had seemingly disappeared at that point). It was something unique to all the strong voices in soul and synth funk at the same time. The other similar voice: Michael Jackson. A lot of people thought he was next. A lot of groups tried to copy that Jacksons formula after they had been hot for a decade at that time and were growing in popularity.