Official The New Edition Story Thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah I remember ralph and bobby were late to shows and found in crackhouses that whitney had to get them out of or some shyt.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
I think this is the Record Label dude that was with them at the time but he was saying Ralph had a bad drug problem too and wondered why they didn't include it in the biopic. I remember being caught a little off guard when they made a comment wondering about Bobby or Ralph being able to make every show at some point in the movie.

:mjcry: I hate to even see my dude like that.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I know one of the the two girls that came downstairs in the scene Bobby was getting touched up by his barber :whoo: Didn't notice until she shared the scene on her timeline.

Used to work with her :jawalrus:

It was the longer haired redbone on the left.

Big Meat 5000

Un-Harlem like
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think this is the Record Label dude that was with them at the time but he was saying Ralph had a bad drug problem too and wondered why they didn't include it in the biopic. I remember being caught a little off guard when they made a comment wondering about Bobby or Ralph being able to make every show at some point in the movie.

idk bout drug use but ralphy used to get sloppy drunk (on some k-ci & JoJo shyt :mjcry:) in the early 90's to the point where they used to kick him outta clubs.

he looked high or probably drunk during this performance (he almost busted his ass @ 4:41 :russ:)

Yeah I remember ralph and bobby were late to shows and found in crackhouses that whitney had to get them out of or some shyt.

the preacher! :simoncigar:

you don't remember shyt stop making up stories

na thats true but I never heard about ralph being there.

Brown was snatched and held “naked and hog tied” at gunpoint by members of a notorious New York street gang known as the Preacher Crew, according to author David Collins.

He was later allowed to make one phone call to Whitney, in which he pleaded with her to personally deliver the ransom to an abandoned building in the Bronx.

Disguised in a wig and dark glasses, the terrified singer obeyed, and handed over a duffle bag containing the cash 24 hours later to 6ft 7in gang boss Clarence “Preacher” Heatley, says Collins.

He claims the kidnapping, which was never reported to police, happened in April 1993 when Whitney was at the peak of her fame with her film The Bodyguard and its soundtrack album, both huge hits. Unlike the movie, however, in which Kevin Costner co-starred as her heroic minder, Whitney was forced to face her then husband’s kidnappers alone to hand over the ransom before they were both allowed to walk away free.

Former gang member Collins claims in his autobiography, Preacher of the Streets, that Brown was snatched over a $25,000 debt to a New Jersey drug dealer. Heatley, currently serving life without parole after admitting being involved in 13 gang-related killings, allegedly paid the dealer and “took over the debt”.

Heatley – described by Collins as an eighteen-and-a-half stone “mountain of evil” – then told gang members he had a plan “to make a whole lot more than $25,000”. His henchmen were sent to a Manhattan nightclub, where they allegedly plied Brown with high-grade cocaine, later luring him to a Bronx apartment with the promise of more.

Collins claims Brown was taken to a sleazy, abandoned apartment that had been taken over by Preacher Crew members. There, he was “knocked out with one punch” by one of Heatley’s henchmen. “When he awoke, Bobby was naked and hog-tied, his mouth stuffed with a rag,” says Collins.

“The Pre-acher then showed up and took the rag out of Bobby’s mouth. ‘It’s a shame we have to kill you,’ Preacher told Bobby. Bobby begged for his life and said Whitney could pay the debt.

“The Preacher left the room and his men then terrorised Bobby for two hours. They kicked him. They told him they would kill Whitney. One of them put a gun to his head. Bobby was weeping when the Preacher came back in the room, begging the Preacher to let him call Whitney.”

This, according to Collins, was the fear tactic Heatley believed would help him score a big financial hit. Brown was allowed to phone Whitney, telling her he would be killed unless she paid the gang. Heatley, according to Collins, then took the phone from Brown.

As Whitney pleaded with him to spare her husband, “they came to an agreement. She was personally going to bring $400,000 to get her man back. The next day, she did just that. She was wearing a wig. She paid the money. Bobby was free to go.”

Collins writes: “Once they were gone, Preacher sat there with the duffle bag of money and split it with his men. Preacher kept over $200,000 of it.” Collins believes both Brown and Whitney were lucky to escape shaken but virtually unscathed.

In his book he recounts his own years as a member of the Preacher Crew, whose income was derived mainly from drug dealing in Harlem and the Bronx and whose trademark was torturing victims who couldn’t or wouldn’t settle their drug debts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ton-pays-off-drug-gangsters/amp?client=safari

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk bout drug use but ralphy used to get sloppy drunk (on some k-ci & JoJo shyt :mjcry:) in the early 90's to the point where they used to kick him outta clubs.

he looked high or probably drunk during this performance (he almost busted his ass @ 4:41 :russ:)

the preacher! :simoncigar:

na thats true but I never heard about ralph being there.

Brown was snatched and held “naked and hog tied” at gunpoint by members of a notorious New York street gang known as the Preacher Crew, according to author David Collins.

He was later allowed to make one phone call to Whitney, in which he pleaded with her to personally deliver the ransom to an abandoned building in the Bronx.

Disguised in a wig and dark glasses, the terrified singer obeyed, and handed over a duffle bag containing the cash 24 hours later to 6ft 7in gang boss Clarence “Preacher” Heatley, says Collins.

He claims the kidnapping, which was never reported to police, happened in April 1993 when Whitney was at the peak of her fame with her film The Bodyguard and its soundtrack album, both huge hits. Unlike the movie, however, in which Kevin Costner co-starred as her heroic minder, Whitney was forced to face her then husband’s kidnappers alone to hand over the ransom before they were both allowed to walk away free.

Former gang member Collins claims in his autobiography, Preacher of the Streets, that Brown was snatched over a $25,000 debt to a New Jersey drug dealer. Heatley, currently serving life without parole after admitting being involved in 13 gang-related killings, allegedly paid the dealer and “took over the debt”.

Heatley – described by Collins as an eighteen-and-a-half stone “mountain of evil” – then told gang members he had a plan “to make a whole lot more than $25,000”. His henchmen were sent to a Manhattan nightclub, where they allegedly plied Brown with high-grade cocaine, later luring him to a Bronx apartment with the promise of more.

Collins claims Brown was taken to a sleazy, abandoned apartment that had been taken over by Preacher Crew members. There, he was “knocked out with one punch” by one of Heatley’s henchmen. “When he awoke, Bobby was naked and hog-tied, his mouth stuffed with a rag,” says Collins.

“The Pre-acher then showed up and took the rag out of Bobby’s mouth. ‘It’s a shame we have to kill you,’ Preacher told Bobby. Bobby begged for his life and said Whitney could pay the debt.

“The Preacher left the room and his men then terrorised Bobby for two hours. They kicked him. They told him they would kill Whitney. One of them put a gun to his head. Bobby was weeping when the Preacher came back in the room, begging the Preacher to let him call Whitney.”

This, according to Collins, was the fear tactic Heatley believed would help him score a big financial hit. Brown was allowed to phone Whitney, telling her he would be killed unless she paid the gang. Heatley, according to Collins, then took the phone from Brown.

As Whitney pleaded with him to spare her husband, “they came to an agreement. She was personally going to bring $400,000 to get her man back. The next day, she did just that. She was wearing a wig. She paid the money. Bobby was free to go.”

Collins writes: “Once they were gone, Preacher sat there with the duffle bag of money and split it with his men. Preacher kept over $200,000 of it.” Collins believes both Brown and Whitney were lucky to escape shaken but virtually unscathed.

In his book he recounts his own years as a member of the Preacher Crew, whose income was derived mainly from drug dealing in Harlem and the Bronx and whose trademark was torturing victims who couldn’t or wouldn’t settle their drug debts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ton-pays-off-drug-gangsters/amp?client=safari

This is a rumor, you do know Preacher would have never been able to get close to Bobby with the gangsters Bobby use to roll with they would have shot Preacher in his fukking head and kept it moving but this is an easy story to sell cuz it is Bobby

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know one of the the two girls that came downstairs in the scene Bobby was getting touched up by his barber :whoo: Didn't notice until she shared the scene on her timeline.

Used to work with her :jawalrus:

It was the longer haired redbone on the left.

Ok

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New Kids On the Block :pacspit:

A bleached New Edition making all that damn money :francis:

Maurice Starr was a super G, a black man made all that money off them and then got a black manager named dikk Scott so he can eat off the merchandise and other stuff.shyt even Brooke ate off them he did there coregraphy

And this wasn't no fake Justin Bieber/Usher, Eminem/Dr. Dre,Lady Gaga/Akon,Iggy/TI where the label finds the act and then aligns them with a black act to cross them over and they get a some bs money shyt while the label eats, Maurice ate off them white boys like nothing before or after thats why he probably got blackballed

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is a rumor, you do know Preacher would have never been able to get close to Bobby with the gangsters Bobby use to roll with they would have shot Preacher in his fukking head and kept it moving but this is an easy story to sell cuz it is Bobby

i agree a real estate buddy of mine told me that bobby was wanted to rent out an whole apartment building just to get cocaine in atlanta. They denied the deal because they obviously knew why he wanted to rent the building. Bobby got dough

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just a nitpicking question because I think this was awesome. Could they have kept the younger kids on longer or possibly the whole first episode? Those early scenes with the older cast were funny to me because it was a bunch of 20 somethings trying to sound like 15 year olds.
dapped because i liked the kids, but old actors always play younger roles. stacey dash was in her 30's playing a jr in high school :dead: