Official The Irishman Thread

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
That's a point I'm trying to make too...Marty's not covered topics/stories that would fit for black actors.

What story of a black person could Scorsese realistically cover without it coming across as disingenuous or 'doing it to appease the liberal media?' IMHO if he made BMF the movie, hella ppl gonna bytch that he's depicting black people as criminals.

Why should he make a black oriented film. Its not his culture and if he did he'd get backlash.
Let black folk tell black stories.
They can use some of that white money tho :mjpls:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
No one feels the need to put those on a 'cinema!' pedestal like it is superior type of film making either. :francis:
Tony Stark has displayed more personality in almost any 5 minute span of his MCU appearances than DeNiro did in this entire over long movie. lol
Sheeran was supposed to be a brute henchman without much in the way of a personality. Comparing him to Stark who’s supposed to be this outgoing figure I don’t think is apt.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Except I enjoy both marvel films and Scorsese films. Hence why I said, I don’t have a horse in this race.
But how MUCH do you enjoy MARVEL films??
:jbhmm:

QUICK!!

What type of comforter you got??!!

Iron Man or Captain America?!

:mjlit:

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I feel like De Niro's performance is really underappreciated in this movie. From everything I've heard about the real-life Frank, he played him to a tee. The best acting in the entire movie was De Niro on the phone with Hoffa's wife. When he had to show emotion, he showed nobody can fukk with him.

Would have liked to see either Pacino or Pesci get the Oscar but they're splitting votes and it looks like Brad Pitt is poised to win it (which I don't have a issue with, Cliff Booth is one of QT's best characters)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I tell you Sheeran’s character was intentionally supposed to be vapid then you flip it into being about the MCU as a whole having personality.
You agreed Starks has personality and he is the main star of the MCU. Is it some kind of big leap to say the MCu had personality as well?