Official The Irishman Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yeah, I saw a documentary on twitter saying witnesses ID'd DiBiase.
Franzese also said Buffalino wasn't as powerful as they claimed in the movie.

Man, I need more mob flicks.

I always thought the Gambinos was the most powerful. But the Lucchese, Bonannos and Colombos had it poppin. And the Geneveses were apparently I more powerful than all

Genovese is the “Ivy League of the mob”. There were times when other families or Chicago had the top spot but as a whole the Genovese is the most powerful and has been. They’re formerly the Luciano family

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Genovese is the “Ivy League of the mob”. There were times when other families or Chicago had the top spot but as a whole the Genovese is the most powerful and has been. They’re formerly the Luciano family
NYers seem to view Capone as a pu$$y that got ran out of NY.

Whats interesting is that Genovese seemed to be a horrible boss. luciano was like George Washington of LCN. U would think they woulda kept that Luciano name.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Whats interesting is that Genovese seemed to be a horrible boss. luciano was like George Washington of LCN. U would think they woulda kept that Luciano name.

Capone had pretty strong ties into NYers and Chicago at the time was literally the Wild West. The knock on Capone was that he was too attention grabbing and egotistical....sort of like Gotti, but Capone was muuuuch smarter than Gotti

I don’t have much knowledge on how Vito got them to change the name from Luciano Family to Genovese Family. My understanding was that Vito was a pretty bad boss all around but was very feared. He’s Napolitano so there’s that whole Naples vs Sicily thing he had with Lucky. Genovese family and Chicago always had a strong Camorra/Neapolitan influence compared to the other families.

They def should’ve rocked with the Luciano Family name, but after Vito was locked and passed...all his protégés (Gigante) took over and prolly kept the Genovese mane out of respect....on the street they refer to the Genovese (in particular the administration) just as “the Westside” bc they still control the whole western side of Manhattan...the docks, Javits center, etc.

Today the Genovese are without a doubt the strongest, largest, most powerful, most stable and most secretive crime family (at least in the US, the Italians, Russians, Albanians and cartels are on another level) Feds still don’t know who’s running the show, some newly made guys were caught on wire tap and they were questioning which family they were even inducted into.

they say this dude prolly the boss...was made acting boss by Gigante at age 33

Liborio Bellomo - Wikipedia

Vincent Gigante the most interesting American mafiosi imho.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Naw genoveses had beef with lucky. The name change to the family was a kind of fukk you

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Capone had pretty strong ties into NYers and Chicago at the time was literally the Wild West. The knock on Capone was that he was too attention grabbing and egotistical....sort of like Gotti, but Capone was muuuuch smarter than Gotti

I don’t have much knowledge on how Vito got them to change the name from Luciano Family to Genovese Family. My understanding was that Vito was a pretty bad boss all around but was very feared. He’s Napolitano so there’s that whole Naples vs Sicily thing he had with Lucky. Genovese family and Chicago always had a strong Camorra/Neapolitan influence compared to the other families.

They def should’ve rocked with the Luciano Family name, but after Vito was locked and passed...all his protégés (Gigante) took over and prolly kept the Genovese mane out of respect....on the street they refer to the Genovese (in particular the administration) just as “the Westside” bc they still control the whole western side of Manhattan...the docks, Javits center, etc.

Today the Genovese are without a doubt the strongest, largest, most powerful, most stable and most secretive crime family (at least in the US, the Italians, Russians, Albanians and cartels are on another level) Feds still don’t know who’s running the show, some newly made guys were caught on wire tap and they were questioning which family they were even inducted into.

they say this dude prolly the boss...was made acting boss by Gigante at age 33

Liborio Bellomo - Wikipedia

Vincent Gigante the most interesting American mafiosi imho.
I read somewhere that Chin had a sitdown at his moms house with Gotti amd Gaspipe Casso. If true...:mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I read somewhere that Chin had a sitdown at his moms house with Gotti amd Gaspipe Casso. If true...:mindblown:

Gotti was a bow down to no one type of dude but low key Chin had him shook. Gotti was caught on the wire trashing everyone from his closest friends, rivals, mentor Dellacroce, big Paul, etc but any time Chin came up he was very respectful and never was recorded saying a negative word.

Chin was the last true old school mafiosi

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Gotti was a bow down to no one type of dude but low key Chin had him shook. Gotti was caught on the wire trashing everyone from his closest friends, rivals, mentor Dellacroce, big Paul, etc but any time Chin came up he was very respectful and never was recorded saying a negative word.

Chin was the last true old school mafiosi
These racist fukks are so interesting. Was reading about Tommy Karate and Greg Scarpa yesterday. I'm shocked a movie hasn't been made about Scarpa. Thats an Oscar nom just waiting to happen.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy Hoffa wasnt good tho. But whatever. I just got pedo vibes from it. Im entitled to say that as a viewer.
Don’t let no one knock you. I felt the same thing. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt because de Nero even said his kids all grew up and they enjoyed having her around. So it sounds like for the most part it was platonic but def pedi vibes I sensed.

and he was scared of her dad because he was a scary mothafukka. He was a cold blooded murderer and she knew. She sees him in the news, she seen him with the strap and he leaves at all weird hours. She ain’t stupid. And De Niro played his character like a smooth criminal. But the real like frank had a crazy ass killer face. shyt I would be scared too :sadcam: that nikka got over 100 bodies you can’t get though out your eyes

Daps
Reppin
Chi
These racist fukks are so interesting. Was reading about Tommy Karate and Greg Scarpa yesterday. I'm shocked a movie hasn't been made about Scarpa. Thats an Oscar nom just waiting to happen.

I’d kill for Scorsese to do an 80s-early 2000s mob flick. Or current day in chi/philly/nyc.

the stories are endless breh. Always been fascinated by these cats since I was a youngin’

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
I’d kill for Scorsese to do an 80s-early 2000s mob flick. Or current day in chi/philly/nyc.

the stories are endless breh. Always been fascinated by these cats since I was a youngin’
I need somebody new to step up. Its crazy how good that hbo hbo gotti movie is, but that director has only done made for tv shyt. That movie was incredible:damn: