Official The Irishman Thread

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movies on phones?:picard:

Im not a snob in the least bit but watching anything other than bullshyt youtube videos on your phone is a disservice to yourself :ufdup:

I think 80% of the time I watch a film it’s on my phone lying down. If I watch it on the laptop or tv I tend to get distracted with my
Phone

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I didn't feel like it was a three hour movie. It flew by and honestly, most people these days are used to binge watching shyt, if you watch three episodes of something that's three hours right there. lol

If nobody ever said the run time you wouldnt know it. The movie moves. It's a great continuous story where everything seems to be of some importance

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
"its what it is" :wow:

this nikka pesci so gangster...

I like the second half more than the first. reminds me of Ingmar Bergmans later work, a master at the height of his craft that makes it look easy.

we are lucky to have been able to bear witness to scorcese and MJ. what a time to be alive

Daps
Reppin
Chi
"its what it is" :wow:

this nikka pesci so gangster...

I like the second half more than the first. reminds me of Ingmar Bergmans later work, a master at the height of his craft that makes it look easy.

we are lucky to have been able to bear witness to scorcese and MJ. what a time to be alive

that awards dinner is my favorites sequence of any Scorsese movie....it’s like 15 minutes of pure piff

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Every time a DiCaprio movie flings together some shyt that could eat at the Oscars....a wave of movies stomps that hope out

Anyway I just finished watching and out of the handful of films expected to eat, that Ive watched (Not yet Parasite or Marriage Story), this was better than Once Upon a Time (by alot) and...maybe better than Joker? Probably :ld: Id give Joker like a 9 and this a 10 but Ive been entrenched in the Hoffa disappearance for 3 years so theres brownie points factored in :pachaha:Somewhere between the first and second hour I was more skeptical of the length but in the last leg I didnt check the clock once :hubie: Glad this has the netflix option as this just isnt a theatre flick :manny:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Deniro showed his age everytime he tossed his shyt into the river :mjlol:
I feel like looking back now, the scenes where he had to really do violent motions, it was kinda shaky :patrice: not much to complain about, they did good giving the wide shot on that curb stomping scenes, wasnt as much of a problem then

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Anna Paquin's character works even better without dialogue, she was OBSERVANT and her sister exposed to Frank how the kids were traumatized by his behavior. The fact that he didn't really know her that well added even more layers. When he mentions to Pesci that he thinks she's scared of him Pesci was :picard: you need to fix that :ufdup:. The movie makes it a point, a few times, to show her being aware of what her dad is up to. She sees the beatdown, she sees him strapping up etc.
It works better for the movie as is, less saying more, but damn. Their relationship, him slowly losing her and KNOWING it. And not being able to do shyt. Then the weight of her asking about Jimmy. That all could be a 30 minute addition itself, and it'd be piff

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Watched the entire film in one sitting during a 14 hr flight
I’m from south Philadelphia so had a real nostalgic feeling to me since I’m familiar with the wars that happened after Angelo Bruno got killed
I thought Joey Gallo was supposed to be based off Joey Merlino but it’s a real character too
One day I’m going sit down and read about the NY families

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
great movie...last 30 minutes was a bit of a drag but it gave the flick a proper ending...al pacino was the one I felt fell off the most prior to this but he made this movie what is was imo...a little bit make-believe cuz I like to “research” as I watch films like this...and some shyt didn’t connect like the joey gallo hit for instance...entertaining movie nonetheless