Official The Irishman Thread

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i had that same question...was it so he could sleep in the car? Or just like a “lose the shades get serious” type of message?
maybe it was so he couldn't hide his eyes and really had to keep jimmys trust, like an added layer. jimmy could've gotten spooked if he felt like something was off.

I could be waaay off tho.

I like how anna pac's character knew something was up the whole time, and how the issues between her and frank never got resolved. no picturesque happy ending

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it again last night. The second time around I was able to get a handle on all of the characters and really understand the details of the story.

The film is an absolute masterpiece. Initially, I thought the pacing was a little slow at the begin, but it’s actually a perfect introduction into who Frank is and how he got involved with Russ and the mob.

Pacino puts on a clinic as Hoffa and the rest of the supporting class are stellar as well. There are literally no weak links in the entire movie. Everyone smashes their roles. Stephen Graham, in particular, is a highlight.

The screenplay, the acting, the cinematography, and the directing are all A plus. This shyt is a master class in good filmmaking, but it took a second viewing to really appreciate it. I thought it was really good the first time. After watching it again, I can definitively say that it’s great and possibly Scorsese’s best.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Watched it again last night. The second time around I was able to get a handle on all of the characters and really understand the details of the story.

The film is an absolute masterpiece. Initially, I thought the pacing was a little slow at the begin, but it’s actually a perfect introduction into who Frank is and how he got involved with Russ and the mob.

Pacino puts on a clinic as Hoffa and the rest of the supporting class are stellar as well. There are literally no weak links in the entire movie. Everyone smashes their roles. Stephen Graham, in particular, is a highlight.

The screenplay, the acting, the cinematography, and the directing are all A plus. This shyt is a master class in good filmmaking, but it took a second viewing to really appreciate it. I thought it was really good the first time. After watching it again, I can definitively say that it’s great and possibly Scorsese’s best.

second viewing is where I really appreciated it too. You notice more details...I wasn’t in a theatre trying to time my piss break

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
This movie gets better with each re watch. I've seen it 3 times already. Each time i pick up something i missed out on. Anyone that doesn't say is an instant classic is buggin. We'll be talking about this movie 20 years down the line.

:deadrose::deadrose::deadrose: