Official The Irishman Thread

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
6.5 out of 10 (8 out of 10 between Hoffa's introduction to his death)

Why didn't they just go the mini-series route?

They were introducing characters that disappeared 2 minutes later and I couldn't get the full weight of their parts

Crazy Joe and his shenanigans could've been a nice 2-3 episode arc
This is why I’m not a movie person . If this was a series it could’ve been 1000 times better but getting Martin to do that is probably next to impossible so I get it

but Crazy Joe and The Columbo war,The Cuba shyt,Hoffa/Nixon vs Kennedy,Fat Tony ..there is so much material that could be fleshed out and give people who might not know anything about this era a deeper understanding. Fat Tony just pops up and starts ordering nikkas around..I can see some people seeing that and immediately thinking “Who the fukk is that guy :gucci:

so even though the movie is three hours that is nowhere near enough time to truly tell the story.

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
ending was straight :sadcam:. harsh realities of getting old.

It was pretty much 10/10 for me but I can see how people who haven't' read about the people would complain.

HBO fukked up not carrying on boardwalk empire. they could have just made a straight mob history series where they kept going on. upto the 90s. That was a blank cheque but they fukked it up like the GoT last season.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
the ending brehs, fukking hell. that is so powerful. it hits you hard because you also realise the big 3 actors in it are all :flabbynsick: age now as well, and you probably won't get another epic from them like this again.

you can do amazing things but it ends up irrelevant personal memories weighing you down, the people you did them with all died and the young people don't care.

this is the type of shyt you realise when you're in your 30s, but then you regret that you didn't show your grandparents attention and respect before they died.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
the tension in the lead up to them

planning to kill hoffa and the scene that hoffa is actually killed....

best movie sequence of 2019. you have master class acting on display.

the scene where joey the blond disrespect pesci ... that look deniro and pesci give each other. not one word spoken but the audience
know what's about to go down

this shyt is piff.