Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I just finished Bly Manor...

Let me start by saying, Hill House is an absolutely MAGNIFICENT work of art, one of the best shows/movies in the horror genre I've ever seen, arguably the best. It was that good, I haven't seen it since it dropped but will likely refresh myself with it soon...

That first season had me anxiously awaiting Season 2. Marvelous production, shyt was a 10/10 and I dont give that out easily...

Bly Manor was a slight step down but I still give it an 8.5, it closed magnificently. Thought it was damn good...

One question I have is how they can keep the originality for future seasons, as its easy to go stale in horror...

And shoutout to Tahirah Sharif (Miss Jessel), never heard of her prior but this is one of the most stunning women I've seen in a long, long, time. Sister is absolutely gorgeous...

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Can't believe how much most of you are overrating this forgettable trash.

Felt like there were 3 episodes in a row that did the same thing with the hopping between memories. It was just clumsily executed. A slog of a show. Perfectly splendid it was not.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Felt like there were 3 episodes in a row that did the same thing with the hopping between memories.

I liked that and thought it fit. It explained the drives behind the different ghosts, who all experience the timehops differently.

Am a bit conflicted on episode 8, I like the story but the placement completely kills the momentum of the episode 7 ending. Would've been very OK with trimming that down into 2 or 3 flashbacks instead of its own episode.

Other than that utterly splendid.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I liked that and thought it fit. It explained the drives behind the different ghosts, who all experience the timehops differently.

Am a bit conflicted on episode 8, I like the story but the placement completely kills the momentum of the episode 7 ending. Would've been very OK with trimming that down into 2 or 3 flashbacks instead of its own episode.

Other than that utterly Perfectly splendid.
:troll:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It would of been insanely difficult to top the first season...But this season was ok to slightly above.

To me Hill House was the best thing I have ever seen on Netflix and one of the best acted/put together shows I have ever seen.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Peppa Pig cracked me up throughout this season...loved her dialogue.

Def. not on par with Hill House, but was entertaining more often than not. Think I was the most invested in Hannah's character.

Probably the closest oh shyt moment I had that was on par with Neck Lady from Hill House being unmasked was

finding out why Hannah kept seeing that crack in the wall :mjcry:

Lake Lady chokeholds going to make for some good GTFO gifs on here :russ:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Peppa Pig cracked me up throughout this season...loved her dialogue.

Def. not on par with Hill House, but was entertaining more often than not. Think I was the most invested in Hannah's character.

Probably the closest oh shyt moment I had that was on par with Neck Lady from Hill House being unmasked was

finding out why Hannah kept seeing that crack in the wall :mjcry:

Lake Lady chokeholds going to make for some good GTFO gifs on here :russ:
Lady of the lake had goat chockholds:russ::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Finished season 1 last week..Both the kid actors & grown actors killed it especially the kid actors because they had all their mannerisms down
On S2 ep 3..Rebecca bad af :whew: