Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This last episode with these two dykes is nauseating, end this awfulness already.
There is not a single redeeming character in this entire show - what a waste of time.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Brehs ep 5 :mindblown:
So Hannah has been a ghost this whole time :mindblown:
Just finished watching it. Great episode but...

It feels like they were trying to replicate the same feeling in the viewer as they did in hill house ep 5. It’s the same exact episode number as the plot twist in Hill House and it felt like it from the beginning of the episode.

Although it was a good episode, it’s not sitting right with me that Hannah has the really tragic story so far

Overall, enjoying the show. At this moment I like it more than Hill House. It’s not exactly as scary as I remember but for some reason it feels more personal and it’s resonating with me.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Just finished. I enjoyed it, agreed about ep 8 being a momentum killer though I liked it.

Would love some horror media in that time period. Also agree that the feeling of dread throughout the season was great. I’ve come to prefer that as my horror fix as I’ve gotten older, I like the feeling of being unsettled. It’s why coherence is such a good movie.

Seen a few ghosts and was always creeped out, was expecting a big reveal for them but it never came and that’s fine since the imagination will always be more terrifying.

My main complaint is that I wish they avoided cliché events and tropes. A lot of things that happened were telegraphed heavy. Hoping for another season.