Official The Expanse Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Is it just me or is the lead actor the worst actor?

I liked him in the first episode but then after that he was kind of boring to me.
Holden is basically Space Jon Snow. He just moves the plot forward really... everyone else runs circles around him more or less. But he's also meant to be an impulsive dude with blinders on in a situation far bigger than he's meant to handle - so he kinda pulls it off either way

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can you start this show from the latest season??
No and you wouldn’t want to. If you’re just starting the show you’ve got 4 seasons of pure magic ahead of you. And by the time you’re done you can binge season 5 while we’re getting that weekly fix. I’m jealous.
WTF a new season is out? I saw ZERO advertisements for this. And I cant believe its been a year already since the last season.
Honestly I didn’t see much advertising either. But you can tell Amazon stepped the budget up because some of these shots are :wow:

rhoff113

Rookie
Daps
That show was never very good but since it's on Amazon, it became pretty weak. The Andromeda season was meh and storywise, there's nothing really enjoyable in the start of the 5.

I don't care enough for each character, I'm bored with theses arc story to themselves. The actors aren't that good to be given so many poor lines.

Maybe the books aren't so good too because except for the concept, the intrigue around it is as bland as in season one.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
That show was never very good but since it's on Amazon, it became pretty weak. The Andromeda season was meh and storywise, there's nothing really enjoyable in the start of the 5.

I don't care enough for each character, I'm bored with theses arc story to themselves. The actors aren't that good to be given so many poor lines.

Maybe the books aren't so good too because except for the concept, the intrigue around it is as bland as in season one.

Make better posts.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:deadmanny: gtfo this thread retard.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Mandalorian was a fun little watch, but lord knows I needed The Expanse to come back to give me that space opera, intergalactic piff:ohlawd:

I'm not making a direct comparison before anyone says anything:comeon:

The Expanse is objectively one of the best TV programmes on right now regardless of genre. Mando is a very good Star Wars TV show with excellent fan service but objectively... :patrice:

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm just waiting for Chrisjen to stunt on nikkas off the strenf of them ignoring her:mjlit:Very intrigued to see how she plays this out. Gao's inner circle all know Chrissy called this. The public is putting this on Gao regardless because it happened under her watch. Does Chris try to destroy Gao or does her patriotism take precedent and she focuses on bringing down Inaro and preventing future attacks? If it's the latter, I'm assuming she automatically gets a lot more access to Gao's inner circle now.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The thing that I don't like is that the whole cast is separated. That's one of the things I didn't like about the first season...the constant cutting from one character to another millions of miles away.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The Expanse is objectively one of the best TV programmes on right now regardless of genre. Mando is a very good Star Wars TV show with excellent fan service but objectively... :patrice:
Again, I only brought up the Mandalorian because it's the only space drama (I hesitate to even use that word) that's been on recently. If I was comparing quality, I'd go back to Raised by Wolves which, despite being one of my favorite shows of the year, is too new and has nowhere near the amount of political intrigue and machinations as The Expanse.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Again, I only brought up the Mandalorian because it's the only space drama (I hesitate to even use that word) that's been on recently. If I was comparing quality, I'd go back to Raised by Wolves which, despite being one of my favorite shows of the year, is too new and has nowhere near the amount of political intrigue and machinations as The Expanse.

What about Discovery? :mjgrin: