Official The Expanse Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I might have to cop amazon prime off the strength... :leon:

Like @Bryan Danielson I low key wanted Netflix to cop. Only reasons I had a sub to Amazon Video was because of the HBO content that they're about to lose :martin: and mainly my Prime benefit of free 2-day shipping. Their exclusive video didn't cater to me much at all, dead ass think the only show I liked on there was Flea Bag and Britannica :shaq2:and IMO they're weak compared to what Netflix has.

They better go HAM with that budget on The Expanse. I hear Avasarala was toned down for SyFy. A homie who told me she was dropping all kinds of f-bombs and calling people "c*nts". :wow:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Man I stand corrected that the show woundnt be picked up :wow:

Why couldn't they save dark matters?:mjcry:

While I liked Dark Matter it didn't generate enough juice online. People didn't care hard enough. Only 40k petition signature and not so impressive Twitter crying.

Meanwhile The Expanse is the smarter sci-fi that had a lot of clout and big names co-signing the show like GRRM who also has a working relationship with the books' authors, comedian Patton Oswalt, and Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (big stan of the books). It's considered SyFy's best rated show. Folks went ham putting money up for planes to fly #SaveTheExpanse over Amazon HQ, near 150k petition sigs, and folks buying entire seasons online.

Also Bezos was apparently tight when SyFy outbid Amazon for The Expanse in the first place. Breh got the last laugh now. :wow:

Last edited:

Ezra

Daps
Unless Dark matter is based on a book series, Im not aware of, Expanse benefited from a rabid fanbase. It's one of the most popular current Syfi book series. already had a built in base of viewers before it even started, unlike Dark Matter.

That's not the only factor however, a lot depends on who owns the property, distribution rights ect.

Ezra

Daps
Hopefully Bezo lets them blow up the budget so the can really go ham.

I want my ten foot lengthy belters dammit!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Unless Dark matter is based on a book series, Im not aware of, Expanse benefited from a rabid fanbase. It's one of the most popular current Syfi book series. already had a built in base of viewers before it even started, unlike Dark Matter.

That's not the only factor however, a lot depends on who owns the property, distribution rights ect.

Dark Matter was based off a comic but it doesn't look like that version was popular either.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Just starting season 2 :wow:

That Martian war cry has potential but needs some work...sounded weak hearing it for the first time

Who's gonna feast on Earth's sky and drink their rivers dry?
MMC!
Who's gonna stomp their mountains into fine Martian dust?
MMC!
Till the rains fall hard on Olympus Mons, who are we?
MMC!

That second line needs work :jbhmm:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finally all caught up. I can't believe I slept on this show for so long :wow:

This show is criminally slept on. I know people in every thread call their shows the best thing on TV, but this is actually one of the best things on TV. Great acting, intriguing story line, no bullshyt filler episodes. These dudes could have dragged out that hybrid launch plot line for the rest of the season but they jumped forward and left it behind before it could even start to get stale.

I am that guy :demonic: