Official The Expanse Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Downloading now, might finish The Terror first though.
There actually was a quick shot of Jared Harris as Dawes on a view screen in this week's Expanse. I was thinking about what a huge range he has as an actor, playing a terrorist/thug on The Expanse, a ship's captain on The Terror, and the king of England on The Crown.

Never heard of this show but a quick google search is showing me great reviews. I’ve been looking for a new sci fi show so count me in brehs.

Bout to watch the first episode this weekend.

Don't give up on it too quickly. The first episodes are really confusing since they keep cutting to so many different characters on different planets all over the solar system before we have any idea who anyone is or how anything is connected.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I like the interior on some of the ships tho.

I like Mao's ship and the Rocinante.

The interiors are great I have no doubt looking at them but the outside is...:scust: No imagination... No aerodynamic design or imagination... I mean I hope in this new season we see some serious alien tech that stands out...:manny: That's just my opinion...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The interiors are great I have no doubt looking at them but the outside is...:scust: No imagination... No aerodynamic design or imagination... I mean I hope in this new season we see some serious alien tech that stands out...:manny: That's just my opinion...

Yeah, I'm with you. Some doodoo looking ships but if I was in that universe I'd only care about the power and performance.

Star Wars and Mass Effect though that shyt better be sleek. :dame:

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah, I'm with you. Some doodoo looking ships but if I was in that universe I'd only care about the power and performance.

Star Wars and Mass Effect though that shyt better be sleek. :dame:

These ships are designed to be shot full of holes in the vacuum of space. Then they just patch the holes and re-pressurize the area. They're not designed to keep air out OR in, and I guess the show creators decided to make them look that way.

Star Wars ships can usually fly through air, and Mass Effect ships at least have shields to keep them from falling apart.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Dude talking about aerodynamics when they aint no air in space.

:mjlol:
I understand what they're saying though. You want the ships to LOOK fast visually (like that racing ship) even though its just for appearance purposes.

Like how 1930's "streamlined" trains weren't really aerodynamic enough to make them faster. They just looked that way.

Last edited: