Official The Expanse Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I love the series. Easily Number 1 sci-fi, period. But I hate the ending. I have no idea why the ring colony guy didn't give Inaros the troops. Or what the hell he was looking at in the sky.

Clearly there's gonna be another season/series, because they made the thing in the sky "a thing" and they actually gave a storyline to that kid and her now resurrected brother.

How Inaros died was some bullshyt. I only hope that's exactly how it happened in the book, because it seemed like a cop-out.

I'm glad Filip made it out though. Once the 2nd in command died, Free Navy was fukked.

I guess if I want a real space battle I gotta go watch OG Legend of Galactic Heroes. :francis: :ohlawd:

They forshadowed it so early, I was actually surprised it took them so long to think of it.
When Holden said that he came up with a plan early on in the episode, I figured that his "plan" was going to shoot a bunch of stuff into the ring just before Marco's ship, to make the aliens get him. I don't know why they didn't actually think to do that until much later.

Up until we saw Marco talking to the Laconia colonists, I really thought those scenes were flash forwards to the future. I never expected that that was happening in real time.

The whole idea of "Ancient Energy Being Gods" living inside of a ring kind of reminds me of the "Ori" seasons of Stargate SG1.

Daps
I'm on episode 5 and I don't know if the rumors about there only being 6 episodes are true or not yet....

But one thing I gotta say. If you're about to end a show and you only got 6 episodes to do it, this is how you freakin do it.

I'm looking at you, D&D. This makes me get mad all over again about the way they ended GOT, because the Expanse has so many parallels to that show (a war between factions while a bigger danger is on the horizon that threatens everybody and only one man is sounding the alarm).

It disgusts me that them fools ruined GOT the way they did. It further disgusts me that The Expanse is such a great, intelligent, epic show and it has so few viewers. This show is on the level of GOT, brehs. They should win awards for this stuff.

Oh yeah and eff Cas Anvar for getting us canceled! :pacspit:

Daps
They even did

Aversarala and Drummer joining forces better than GOT did Daenarys joining forces with Olenna, Reeks sister, and the Martells. :mindblown:

This show is GOATED breh, regardless of how this last episode turns out. This is one of the most epic shows I've ever had the honor of watching.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just reading book 6 now and it was cool to see Dawes working the heads of the OPA after their meeting with Holden. Some great pieces of dialogue that I would have loved to see in the show. Shame the situation with TV Dawes couldn't be resolved.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I'm looking at you, D&D. This makes me get mad all over again about the way they ended GOT, because the Expanse has so many parallels to that show (a war between factions while a bigger danger is on the horizon that threatens everybody and only one man is sounding the alarm).

It disgusts me that them fools ruined GOT the way they did. It further disgusts me that The Expanse is such a great, intelligent, epic show and it has so few viewers. This show is on the level of GOT, brehs. They should win awards for this stuff.

There's a deeper connection here. One of the two writers of the novels, and producer/main writer of the show, was a personal assistant to George RR Martin for years. Specifically during the time GoT got picked up as a show.

He has a podcast with Wes Chatham (actor who plays Amos) and has mentioned multiple times that his main takeaway/learning directly from George RR was to maintain ownership of the story.

Daps
marco might be my favorite actor on TV right now. this man got so fukking hyped when that shyt popped up on radar

IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS :ooh:

1 v 1 was FREE but 3 v 1?? :banderas: :mjgrin: run me my fade right NOW

I aint gon lie, Marco sassy as hell, but he had that Thanos endgame energy in that scene. My nikka knew they was coming for him eventually, saw the Roci out there and went :mjlit:

First I thought he was just doing it cause he had the upper hand, but when his boys got put down and mans pressed on, I hit the :ehh:

When him and Holden Snow was finally face to face, and Marco says in the sassiest tone known to man, "James......... Hold.......en...."

That part had me :bryan:

Dude was gon be sassy to the very end :pachaha:

Daps
Just finished and this is one of the best series ever created.

I'm going to write a full recap of the show sometime this week, but in the meantime, I will say I had one minor complaint.

They spent all that time on the story about the little girl and her dead brother and what they were doing with the Proto molecule on the planet only for it not to pay off.

But they even did that in a great way. I wish they would have kept the story going but if they had to end it, they did it with the best type of ending I've ever seen

They showed us what was happening on that planet to let us know that at the end of the day, the proto molecule was the true big bad and that nothing Holden Snow did would stop that.

Just know that this is happening at the same time these humans are going to war with each other.

Then they even show Holden Snow at the end worrying about it, but he can't stop it, so why worry?

I think that was the theme of the last season, with Peaches finding out she had 5 years left, Holden not being able to do anything about the proto molecule and even with Sassy Marco when he finds out he lost ships early in the season and things weren't going well... well whats the point of worrying about it? Que sera sera. What will be will be. So why worry?

The fact that they ended the series with the proto molecule still doing its thing is epic. Much better than Arya stabbing it to death and something that's been hyped for the entire series magically all disappears. :francis:

I will never forgive D&D or that fat fakkit GRRM for that.