Official The Expanse Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Excellent finale, loved it and turns the Expanse into a top 5 show for me; officially. AND it leaves the door wide open for a follow-up anywhere down the line.

In the books there's a big timeskip now.

He didn't give Inaros more support because he didn't need to. That whole Martian crew was trying to build something new and establish a new independent colony and they did that. He doesnt give AF about that fight for the ring/they dont want others coming into their ring anyway. The ship he was looking at in the sky is some kinda protomolecule ship hybrid, they were experimenting and doing fringe shyt. IIRC Inaros was aware of that ship and I believe he was expecting it to be his.

Basically he got what he needed out of Inaros (the molecule and access to the ring) and didn't need him or his partnership anymore.

This mostly. It was a ship built by the older civillization that got destroyed by the ringbuilders using the protomolecule, now the ship is "growing" itself while the humans are on Laconia growing their society.

His speech with the girl was about wanting peace and the necessity of sacrifice. He's looking at a remnant of an old war and realises that he needs to let go of whatever connection he has to his old life. That connects to him telling Marco that he doesn't want his shyt anymore, and to the girl not being afraid to die because "the dogs will fix her".

Marco, in turn, wanted to use the protomolecule as yet another weapon to use against Mars/Earth, but I'm not sure they actually explained this in the series. In the books he was more of a genius with backup plans to backup plans to backup plans instead of the emotional guy we got in the final season.

So Duarte sees the ship as a metaphor for what he's trying to achieve, Marco sees it as a weapon; which is why he turns on him.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
During the season it was a bit disappointing that they didn't try to conclude the alien storyline but then I guess it's because they still hope there will be some kind of a follow-up and then they can continue it by the books.
If I look it like that I liked this finale, it put an end to the "Inners vs Belters" storyline for now and found a consensus between them.

Bonus point for getting Marco out of the paint with the Microsoft Paint eraser like aliens
Though I was hoping Philip was on the ship too :ld:... I thought he wouldn't be, they wouldn't kill off a character of his importance without showing him at least once in the moment of his death

I hope that they will continue it sometimes, some ways and until then I'll probably find time to read the books, I heard they are very good

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Excellent finale, loved it and turns the Expanse into a top 5 show for me; officially. AND it leaves the door wide open for a follow-up anywhere down the line.

In the books there's a big timeskip now.

This mostly. It was a ship built by the older civillization that got destroyed by the ringbuilders using the protomolecule, now the ship is "growing" itself while the humans are on Laconia growing their society.

His speech with the girl was about wanting peace and the necessity of sacrifice. He's looking at a remnant of an old war and realises that he needs to let go of whatever connection he has to his old life. That connects to him telling Marco that he doesn't want his shyt anymore, and to the girl not being afraid to die because "the dogs will fix her".

Marco, in turn, wanted to use the protomolecule as yet another weapon to use against Mars/Earth, but I'm not sure they actually explained this in the series. In the books he was more of a genius with backup plans to backup plans to backup plans instead of the emotional guy we got in the final season.

So Duarte sees the ship as a metaphor for what he's trying to achieve, Marco sees it as a weapon; which is why he turns on him.

Thanks clarifying the motivation. And on the ending/book spoiler yeah I figured this was in part so they could potentially launch a new series but different branding. TV show viewers usually hate a big pivot especially if they had so many years/seasons to get used to cast or certain tone.

Not saying they *will* relaunch with a new show/brand to continue the story but I feel confident they probably had that under consideration when they chose to end it here.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Even #marvelset commander @Bryan Danielson is in here watching some quality TV for once. :bryan:

Majority of what I watch is quality:gucci:

Unless you want to on coli record a state shows like South Side, Atlanta, Sherman’s Showcase and Abbott Elementary are low quality and trash.:usure::mjpls:

Say it:sas2:

giphy.gif

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Thanks clarifying the motivation. And on the ending/book spoiler yeah I figured this was in part so they could potentially launch a new series but different branding. TV show viewers usually hate a big pivot especially if they had so many years/seasons to get used to cast or certain tone.

Not saying they *will* relaunch with a new show/brand to continue the story but I feel confident they probably had that under consideration when they chose to end it here.

Absolutely. The Laconia scenes are a giant tease for what was to come.

won't spoil too much but Duarte would be the next "villain" of the show.

He tells Marco "I have Gods to kill"...

Last edited:
Daps
That scene in season 5 ep 10 where they show the different ships of the Belters Free Navy with the name listed and the type of ship it is, and then they make sure to focus on the guns that each ship has.:wow:

I wish they had been doing that all series :wow:

Yall im ready to call it.

As a HUGE Star Trek fan, the Expanse is better. :wow:

Daps
I'm on episode 2. Have I ever told y''all how much I love the science on this show? The display of physics is so perfect. :banderas::banderas::banderas:

The part where they're trying to board the Azure Dragon and Bobbie jumps on it and shuts off the power and the Roci turns off its drive to slow down but when the Azure Dragon is about to pass by it, they fire the drive up for like 2 seconds just to maintain speed with the Dragon :banderas::banderas::banderas:

We are not worthy, brehs. I know that this is the last season thanks to that fool Cas Anvar, but they need to give us more of this world.

They should do the Expanse property like Star Trek and create different shows in the Expanse world. It would be epic :banderas:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The thread up confused the fukk out of me.

Is there a new season or are new nikkas watching the show? It looks like both.

Season 6 is over.
Series is over.
People just started watching the series.
The season/series ending setup a new show based on the 2nd half the book series.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I'm on episode 2. Have I ever told y''all how much I love the science on this show? The display of physics is so perfect. :banderas::banderas::banderas:

The part where they're trying to board the Azure Dragon and Bobbie jumps on it and shuts off the power and the Roci turns off its drive to slow down but when the Azure Dragon is about to pass by it, they fire the drive up for like 2 seconds just to maintain speed with the Dragon :banderas::banderas::banderas:

We are not worthy, brehs. I know that this is the last season thanks to that fool Cas Anvar, but they need to give us more of this world.

They should do the Expanse property like Star Trek and create different shows in the Expanse world. It would be epic :banderas:

We getting a TellTale Drummer story adventure game...wish it was just a little spinoff series. Give us a short two season show or something following charismatic Belter pirates or something. Nothing but ship shenanigans and poly couples lmao