Official The Expanse Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
james-brown.gif

even if it ends like this, prolly in my top 5 sci-fi jawns ever.

i would also wife naomi. :ohlawd:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I love the series. Easily Number 1 sci-fi, period. But I hate the ending. I have no idea why the ring colony guy didn't give Inaros the troops. Or what the hell he was looking at in the sky.

Clearly there's gonna be another season/series, because they made the thing in the sky "a thing" and they actually gave a storyline to that kid and her now resurrected brother.

How Inaros died was some bullshyt. I only hope that's exactly how it happened in the book, because it seemed like a cop-out.

I'm glad Filip made it out though. Once the 2nd in command died, Free Navy was fukked.

I guess if I want a real space battle I gotta go watch OG Legend of Galactic Heroes. :francis: :ohlawd:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I love the series. Easily Number 1 sci-fi, period. But I hate the ending. I have no idea why the ring colony guy didn't give Inaros the troops. Or what the hell he was looking at in the sky.

Clearly there's gonna be another season/series, because they made the thing in the sky "a thing" and they actually gave a storyline to that kid and her now resurrected brother.

How Inaros died was some bullshyt. I only hope that's exactly how it happened in the book, because it seemed like a cop-out.

I'm glad Filip made it out though. Once the 2nd in command died, Free Navy was fukked.

I guess if I want a real space battle I gotta go watch OG Legend of Galactic Heroes. :francis: :ohlawd:

He didn't give Inaros more support because he didn't need to. That whole Martian crew was trying to build something new and establish a new independent colony and they did that. He doesnt give AF about that fight for the ring/they dont want others coming into their ring anyway. The ship he was looking at in the sky is some kinda protomolecule ship hybrid, they were experimenting and doing fringe shyt. IIRC Inaros was aware of that ship and I believe he was expecting it to be his.

Basically he got what he needed out of Inaros (the molecule and access to the ring) and didn't need him or his partnership anymore.

Daps
Man, I'm still on s5, but I wanted to say how much I love the science on this show!

I was always a huge trekkie because it was one of the greatest future tech shows ever created, but I'm starting to think that The Expanse rivals it.

The Expanse is so realistic that it could be 200 years from now, whereas Star Trek is 2000 years from now.

Even the way the ships are on The Expanse. I know some folks said they hate the ship designs, but I love it. They even show a realistic way of how they slow the ships down and stop, with the whole flip and burn.

Now that I think about it, how do the ships on Star Trek stop on a dime?:patrice:

I don't think that was ever explained :pachaha: