Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I always figured this one would probably be the one that probably had casual fans & hardcore MCU moviegoers not feeling it. Not because of anything the movie does or doesn't do per se... but it was always gonna be an extremely hard sell. The Eternals, IIRC, is a really obscure property and one that's kinda hard to properly adapt from a lore standpoint. Not to mention there was always gonna be the feeling that the next couple of movies were gonna be a tough act to follow after the build to Infinity War/Endgame.

But it doesn't help that having a movie built around these assumedly all-powerful, all-knowing beings who have been around for thousands of years having watched literally every single human tragedy and calamity play out - up to and including an event that wiped out half of the known universe - and did absolutely nothing to stop them. I trust Marvel to write it in a way that their reason why they stayed put and didn't interfere works out, but the "higher being choosing to be the good man that does nothing until the last second" storyline is always a hard sell when you want people to root for a character.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I always figured this one would probably be the one that probably had casual fans & hardcore MCU moviegoers not feeling it. Not because of anything the movie does or doesn't do per se... but it was always gonna be an extremely hard sell. The Eternals, IIRC, is a really obscure property and one that's kinda hard to properly adapt from a lore standpoint. Not to mention there was always gonna be the feeling that the next couple of movies were gonna be a tough act to follow after the build to Infinity War/Endgame.

But it doesn't help that having a movie built around these assumedly all-powerful, all-knowing beings who have been around for thousands of years having watched literally every single human tragedy and calamity play out - up to and including an event that wiped out half of the known universe - and did absolutely nothing to stop them. I trust Marvel to write it in a way that their reason why they stayed put and didn't interfere works out, but the "higher being choosing to be the good man that does nothing until the last second" storyline is always a hard sell when you want people to root for a character.
Only way they could have possibly followed up End Game was bringing in the X Men and Fantastic 4, giving the audience new characters to care about. I’ve loved comics since I was a kid and honestly couldn’t care less about the eternals. If Spider Man doesn’t kill it with the storyline, I’m probably good on all these comic movies. Everything coming out looks very underwhelming and Black Widow and Shang Chi didn’t help with that feeling.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

Director Chloe Zhaos.

She has a vision and i support it.

Already copped tickets cuz its AMC for adults (with reclining chairs, alcohol and food). Even if the movie isn't all that spectacular... i get 20 percent off my meal, free companion ticket and that's worth the price of admission in itselves).

Flick is 2 hours and 40 minutes... i love lengthy movies as long as its good..

Wish us luck this weakend.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

Director Chloe Zhaos.

She has a vision and i support it.

Already copped tickets cuz its AMC for adults (with reclining chairs, alcohol and food). Even if the movie isn't all that spectacular... i get 20 percent off my meal, free companion ticket and that's worth the price of admission in itselves).

Flick is 2 hours and 40 minutes... i love lengthy movies as long as its good..

Wish us luck this weakend.

Never realized how massive her ears are. :mjlol:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

maybe they are not all knowing.
maybe they were unable to help due to built in restrictions and/or built in programming.
maybe they need the unimind to break out of that - as i am guessing the unimind will play a role
and you know some will die ...