Official 'The Eternals' Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It’s not a conspiracy, it’s my speculation on how Feige could say this movie (that’s getting some of the lowest reviews marvel has gotten) is one of the best.

Those on your team are speculating that all negative reviews are coming from homophobic bigots.

Why come in to a thread discussing a movie that hasn’t come out yet if speculation is going to get you in your feelings?

Oh, and thanks for admitting you’re nothing more than a troll. I’m relieved, honestly, that’ that wasn’t a serious person trying to make “nuanced” arguments in defense of slavery, torture, and mass murder.
Glad you can admit you are speculating and your claim has no basis in reality.
No one on 'my team' did any such thing. #MarvelGang is just an inside joke for the coli and no one on here said any such thing.
I'm not in my feelings. I'm correcting misinformation. You are talking about the inner working of a company with 0 actual information.
Dude it's fiction there was no actual, "slavery, torture, and mass murder". Nice try tho. lol

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel didn't really have a plan post Infinity Saga.

I watched every single marvel movie no matter how bad I thought it was (I'm looking at you, captain marvel) because I knew it would connect to another movie that I want to see.

Now since the movies are disconnected, I bet you a lot of ppl are feeling like they don't have to do that.

I'm as much a marvel head as anyone here but I'm not excited by Marvel right now.

And I guess I will catch Eternals when I catch up. I'm not excited about this at all.

Marvel is slipping up. They need to be connecting their movies and shows and building up to a big bad again as that was most of the magic. They're throwing away what made the MCU the MCU.
I feel exactly the same way. I'll also add that there's no big bad (like Dr. Doom) on the horizon yet and they haven't set up the next generation of faces. Nobody with Robert Downey Jr's charm or Chadwick Boseman's gravitas. Chris Evans was basically this generations Christopher Reeves.

All of that is gone.

The logistics and luck that's necessary to set up a universe is probably over the top ridiculous. So they hoped they could be much lighter with it this phase. But I'm not excited anymore. I thought I just aged out...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm starting to think that brehs were right when they said that Marvel didn't really have a plan post Infinity Saga.

They wanted to make movies be disconnected now with no big Thanos buildup, but that was a huge part of the success.

I watched every single marvel movie no matter how bad I thought it was (I'm looking at you, captain marvel) because I knew it would connect to another movie that I want to see.

Now since the movies are disconnected, I bet you a lot of ppl are feeling like they don't have to do that.

I'm as much a marvel head as anyone here but I'm not excited by Marvel right now. I didn't want to admit it at first but Wandavision turned out to be a let down especially when they threw in the quicksilver swerve.

Falcon winter soldier was not good.

Loki was good ONLY because it has greater implications on the marvel universe.

Black widow would have been aight if it had been released between Civil War and Infinity war.

Whats If was cool.

Still haven't seen Shang Chi, will watch when it comes to Dplus.

And I guess I will catch Eternals when I catch up. I'm not excited about this at all.

Marvel is slipping up. They need to be connecting their movies and shows and building up to a big bad again as that was most of the magic. They're throwing away what made the MCU the MCU.

Breh…… how you say “the didn’t have a plan” when they on record stating they planned they movies out to like 2028 and this was 2 years ago:russ:

Naturally…… we not gonna know or will be the last to know…. But that don’t mean they don’t know.

And it should be that way

Daps
Breh…… how you say “the didn’t have a plan” when they on record stating they planned they movies out to like 2028 and this was 2 years ago:russ:

Naturally…… we not gonna know or will be the last to know…. But that don’t mean they don’t know.

And it should be that way

You're right. Let me clarify: I'm saying that their "plan" post Infinity Saga isn't as well-put together or well thought out as their Infinity Saga plan.

I think that Marvel thinks they're too big to fail. You know how some properties start believing their own hype, and feel they can do no wrong, and so they go full retard?

For example, I feel that's what The Walking Dead did. They had a great story, built a huge fanbase, and at some point, they became victim to their own arrogance, and felt that whatever they did, the fanbase would support them.

I'm starting to wonder if this is where Marvel is. They broke records, created the biggest movies in history, and so it's no longer about getting potentially dynamic actors, compelling storylines. They're making social justice storylines now (Captain Marvel, The Eternals with the homosexuality).

It looks like they're falling victim to hubris. They haven't produced a truly compelling property since Avengers Endgame. Wandavision could have been great, but they missed the mark.

Falcon and Winter Soldier was a social justice narrative (an important narrative) but a narrative nonetheless.

Loki was cool, but it was mostly a setup piece for future properties, so it was aight.

What If picked up in the last couple of episodes, but it wasn't great.

Black Widow was aight but would have been much better received had it been released 2 years ago.

Haven't seen Shang Chi yet, admittedly but I think that's proving my point. I'm that dude who never ever missed a Marvel release. And here it is 2 months later and I'm content to wait for Shang Chi to hit D+. The midness of the other Marvel properties released this year don't have me excited for anything else that's being released, and I feel like I can get to it when I get to it.

I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You're right. Let me clarify: I'm saying that their "plan" post Infinity Saga isn't as well-put together or well thought out as their Infinity Saga plan.

I think that Marvel thinks they're too big to fail. You know how some properties start believing their own hype, and feel they can do no wrong, and so they go full retard?

For example, I feel that's what The Walking Dead did. They had a great story, built a huge fanbase, and at some point, they became victim to their own arrogance, and felt that whatever they did, the fanbase would support them.

I'm starting to wonder if this is where Marvel is. They broke records, created the biggest movies in history, and so it's no longer about getting potentially dynamic actors, compelling storylines. They're making social justice storylines now (Captain Marvel, The Eternals with the homosexuality).

It looks like they're falling victim to hubris. They haven't produced a truly compelling property since Avengers Endgame. Wandavision could have been great, but they missed the mark.

Falcon and Winter Soldier was a social justice narrative (an important narrative) but a narrative nonetheless.

Loki was cool, but it was mostly a setup piece for future properties, so it was aight.

Black Widow was aight but would have been much better received had it been released 2 years ago.

Haven't seen Shang Chi yet, admittedly but I think that's proving my point. I'm that dude who never ever missed a Marvel release. And here it is 2 months later and I'm content to wait for Shang Chi to hit D+. The midness of the other Marvel properties released this year don't have me excited for anything else that's being released, and I feel like I can get to it when I get to it.

I feel you but I don’t think there is enough data to make that opinion. And Endgame was literally just a couple of movies ago. It’s not like it’s been 10 movies sense.

Marvel can have and take all the criticism the can get. But one thing I don’t think one can question or criticize is their preparation and planning. Hell they mention The Eternals back in like 2014

Covid did throw some things off but if you outright admitting that BW would’ve been better 2 years ago (pre Covid) not sure how that makes it not better now.

Also Shang Chi was good and many brehs in that thread said they walked away surprised and impressed with how good it was (maybe they had low expectations but still).

Marvels track record for the most part has been great. It’s kinda silly start doubting them now I especially when there isn’t really anything to back the questions up

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
the film room is film room'ing out more than usual with this one and im loving it :dead:

Yea I get the cool thing is to try to shyt on Marvel now and the anti kids try to make it like you a Stan or homer for bringing up logic and track record but damn

At some point niccas gotta relax:mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yea I get the cool thing is to try to shyt on Marvel now and the anti kids try to make it like you a Stan or homer for bringing up logic and track record but damn

At some point niccas gotta relax:mjlol:
we currently live in a timeline where the nikkas that told you RT scores dont matter now are using them as the crux of their argument for why a movie that hasnt been released and theyve yet to see themselves is trash

WATTBA :wow:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps

I have seen damn near every marvel movie in theaters since like 2014, but I haven't seen black widow, shang chi and don't plan on seeing eternal until it's on D+.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
keep watching all the little trailers they put out and i'm at the point where the only reason i wanna go see this is because i haven't had a big ass disgusting buttery movie theater popcorn in a while.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
RT scores don’t matter when it’s Zack Snyder and one of his boring ass pretentious snooze fest movies.