Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sidenote - Game of Thrones actors are box office poison, especially when it comes to this type of genre.

look at all the big action/sci-fi/whatever movies they've been in. either the movie is pure shyt, or they were basically pure shyt in said movie...

Sophie Turner - Terrible XMen movies
Arya Whatsherface - New Mutants
Kit Harrington - Pompei, This
Robb Stark - This
Emilia Clarke - Terminator: The Forgotten, Solo
Jamie Lannister - that weird ass Egypt movie
Tall Chick - absolutely horrible character in Star Wars, but the ones she was in weren't terrible
Even the youngest Stark kid was in one of those completely forgettable End of Days movies. I think it was the one with the Rock. San Andreas?
Sam is about to be in Moonfall, which will undoubtedly be a piece of shyt.

The Dink was in a solid XMen movie. Cersi was in the underrated Dredd movie. I can't think of anyone else tbh. Sexy ass light skin girl latched on to the Fast movies, and even if those are dumb as fukk, they're huge, so good for her.

Think the girl in The Last Of Us will break this streak.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I get y'all are worried someone that's not you didn't like the movie,but stop the cap. UT was years before Thanos was even a known. I remember seeing Iron Man in Houston when it came out. We just enjoyed the movie. Wasn't any connection shyt going on.

Those early MCU movies were nowhere near as popular as they became when they all became connected.

Daps
I get y'all are worried someone that's not you didn't like the movie,but stop the cap. UT was years before Thanos was even a known. I remember seeing Iron Man in Houston when it came out. We just enjoyed the movie. Wasn't any connection shyt going on.

The ending let you know it was connected. Or rather the ending of Hulk let you know it was connected to Iron Man.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yeah thanos doesn’t start until avengers 1
I remember I didn’t hear about iron man’s after credits scene until a week after I saw it
But they did tell you that they were planning something which was the avengers
I still think they’re planning some version of secret wars

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I'm starting to think that brehs were right when they said that Marvel didn't really have a plan post Infinity Saga.

They wanted to make movies be disconnected now with no big Thanos buildup, but that was a huge part of the success.

I watched every single marvel movie no matter how bad I thought it was (I'm looking at you, captain marvel) because I knew it would connect to another movie that I want to see.

Now since the movies are disconnected, I bet you a lot of ppl are feeling like they don't have to do that.

I'm as much a marvel head as anyone here but I'm not excited by Marvel right now. I didn't want to admit it at first but Wandavision turned out to be a let down especially when they threw in the quicksilver swerve.

Falcon winter soldier was not good.

Loki was good ONLY because it has greater implications on the marvel universe.

Black widow would have been aight if it had been released between Civil War and Infinity war.

Whats If was cool.

Still haven't seen Shang Chi, will watch when it comes to Dplus.

And I guess I will catch Eternals when I catch up. I'm not excited about this at all.

Marvel is slipping up. They need to be connecting their movies and shows and building up to a big bad again as that was most of the magic. They're throwing away what made the MCU the MCU.

Yep.. End Game was a jumping off point. Like I have no further desire to see any more mcu stuff until the x-men comee :manny:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Eternals is connected into the fabric of the MCU.

Some story arcs are bigger than others. You want a mini series but in the comics some arcs took years and 10's of issues.

Let the story breathe and chill for a bit.

is it? You couldn’t get to Avengers without the movies in phase one even if they didn’t involve infinity stones.

The Eternals are adding lore/canon to the larger story but they seem like they could disappear and not miss a step.

I mean Agent Coulson was important to the Avengers and Agents of Shield isn’t even mentioned or out right contradicted so let’s not act like Marvel won’t move on from stuff.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

yes it is.

You couldn’t get to Avengers without the movies in phase one even if they didn’t involve infinity stones.

hulk. IM2. not required reading at all in phase 1.

The Eternals are adding lore/canon to the larger story but they seem like they could disappear and not miss a step.

have you seen the film?

I mean Agent Coulson was important to the Avengers and Agents of Shield isn’t even mentioned or out right contradicted so let’s not act like Marvel won’t move on from stuff.

future-present babble.

retrospective reasoning vs. forward reasoning ... :hhh:

MILLS
"In two months, no one's going to even
remember this happened."

JOHN DOE
"You can't see the whole... the whole
complete act yet. Not yet. But, when this
is done, it's going to be... so... so..."

how on earth do you know who or what they are going to leave out in the future? it's a bigger canvas not paint by numbers.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Honestly a lot of marvel CGI is pretty awful. I still think Aquaman has the best superhero CGI I've seen. They somehow managed to make it look realistic and not like they were made of rubber or out of a video game. Then you look at the CGI in Justice league and batman v superman and its some of the worst I've ever seen. I don't get it
the redo of justice league looks good.
Man of steel came out in 2013 and looked amazing

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks