Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
Civil war on Titan?? I thought Thanos let loose some bio weapon that wiped them out as an offering to Mistress Death... I have the Thanos origin books... Did they retcon or make that a different dimension??? He killed his mom too... He was an outcast because he was a deviant and his "imaginary friend" was Death... Only Annihilus is more in tune with the Mistress, she said it herself...

The civil war that I'm talking about happened on Titan occurred on before Thanos was born. Thanos did kill most of the Titanians like you said he did later. The Titanians being Eternals is a retcon, they were orginally related to the Olympians.

Captain Marvel Vol 1 29

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's true. Mentor is an Eternal as was his wife Sui-San. There's three branches of Eternals. The Eternals of Earth, the Eternals of Titan, and the Eternals of Uranus.

The first generation of Eternals had a civil war, and the faction led by Kronos (Mentor's father) won and exiled the losers led by his brother Uranos into space. The Uranos and his followers settled on Uranus. Uranos found a Kree base on left on Uranus and used the technology their to build a spaceship full of weapons and go back to Earth to for a rematch with his brother and the Earth Eternals. Some of the Eternals chose to stay on Uranus and others left with Uranos. As they were going to Earth, A Kree Armada destroyed their ship and the survivors settled on the Saturn moon of Titan. Titan Eternals had a civil war themselves and Sui-San was the sole survivor. Mentor left Earth in order to avoid another civil between the Eternals after his brother Zuras was chosen as leader over him after their father Kronos was transformed into a cosmic spirit that was one with the universe. Mentor eventually went to Titan, met Sui-San, they fell in love, and repopulated Titan.
The comic legacy is just :wow:. They will never run out of material for movies. :whew:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Unless they changed it, Thanos wasn't an Eternal. He was born on Titan and had the "Deviant" gene. Yeah "titanian mutant" basically.
No Thanos is an Eternal. There are different types those who remained normal looking and those who have the "Deviant" gene which Thanos' has. Thanos is the Eternals that went to Titan.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Marvel Sets Black List Writers for 'Eternals' Movie (Exclusive)

Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script 'Ruin' shot to the top of the 2017 Black List, have been hired to adapt the Jack Kirby-created comic book.

Marvel Studios has pinpointed its next potential franchise, the Jack Kirby-created title The Eternals, and is moving ahead with development.

The studio behind Avengers: Infinity War has hired writers Matthew and Ryan Firpo, whose spec script Ruin shot to the top of the 2017 Black List, to pen the script for the superhero team adventure.

In comics lore, the saga of the Eternals began millions of years ago when the cosmic beings known as the Celestials genetically experimented on humans, creating the super-powered and near-immortal beings and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants. The two races moved behind the scenes throughout human history while also engaging in Game of Thrones-style cosmic powerplays.

Among the characters are Ikaris, fueled by cosmic energy; Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans; and Thena, often mistaken for the Greek goddess Athena.

Kirby created the title in 1976 during his cosmic hero stage and influenced by such as works as Chariots of the Gods, which explored ancient gods as aliens. The comic was his part of his second sojourn at Marvel, which he had left in 1970 and done the then-unthinkable, moved to rival DC Comics.

The Firpos are best known for writing Ruin, a spec script that shot to the top of the 2017 Black List. Even before that, the project was emanating enough heat that it attracted Gal Gadot and got set up at Marc Butan’s MadRiver Pictures.

Ruin tells of an ex-Nazi captain who, to atone for his crimes, hunts down and kills the members of his former SS squad.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
So is Thanos going to be retconned into an Eternal in A4?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I like it. They're treading new ground with this project. Phase 4 is looking kind of full though.:patrice:

They gotta get sequels in for Spidey, Strange, Ant-Man, Panther, GotG, and Captain Marvel already. Not to mention the possibility of X-Men and F4 films once they secure the deal.

I'll wait until Feige says something.
:manny:
quit flirting what that horseshyt Widow movie and you got an open spot!

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
What a hell of a worry.

Which billion dollar series of films to greenlight.
I agree rich mans problem but
The only solo billion dollar hero can’t even get a release date cuz they’re juggling so much shyt.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam