Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
that final quip was the kind of trailer marketing quip that might not even end up in the final movie.

it didn't really land for me, but it's not a big deal.

It also depends on the overall tone and how the character come across on screen. Remember...they in essence are the next set of Avengers in that they will prolly get 3 movies

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Maybe there isn't anything like that in the movie. Don't believe everything you read. lol
the anti-Eternals thing are definitely in it. they've been in marketing. i can't remember what they're called - Cosmic Somethings. The floating head planet in Guardians was one of them

Conz

Superstar
Daps
You mean the celestials???:patrice:
yea, i guess. actually, maybe... there's another name. i don't fukkin know. they'll be the in the next one.

also surprised they didn't feature Kumail more in this. they will in the next one too. they didn't even mention Chloe Zhao. weird trailer now that i nitpick it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Well for one they're immortal, so that probably wouldn't work.
For two, it even said in the trailer, their role was to help guide and not interfere, so leading the avengers would be the exact opposite of what they're suppose to be doing.

It also shows that they were aware of what was going on after the snap, yet they were still not apart of the final battle in end game.
Thor is a God and Vision was a machine.

Except they said until now.

So even if the conversation takes place before that decision, it makes the others look bad for laughing when they already stood by when Thanos snapped the universe.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This actually felt like a proper teaser as opposed to the ones I’ve seen recently that may as well be trailers revealing the entire plot

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Thor is a God and Vision was a machine.

Except they said until now.

So even if the conversation takes place before that decision, it makes the others look bad for laughing when they already stood by when Thanos snapped the universe.

Well, if he eventually does become an Avenger even if it's briefly, this will be another call back :manny:

Basically...

#marvelset

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
It seems like the hype is really on some "This is unlike anything Marvel has ever done, it's a completely new direction for them!" and then I watch the trailer and it looks exactly like a Marvel movie lol