Official 'The Eternals' Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
people said the same thing when the first guardians of the galaxy teaser dropped. :sas2:

they said it would be Marvels first flop.:sas1:

One year later and everybody was saying "we are groot" :sas2:

No they didn't man. :mjlol:

Most people figured it would be a hit after the Comic-Con crowd went nuts during the trailer that leaked.

I get the point you're trying to make but the vast majority of people were interested in "GOTG" from the jump. A vocal minority said it would flop.
I just pulled up the "GOTG" thread, you can check it yourself. :yeshrug:

This trailer is very :ld:, unlike the first Guardians trailer.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Most people figured it would be a hit after the Comic-Con crowd went nuts during the trailer that leaked.

I get the point you're trying to make but the vast majority of people were interested in "GOTG" from the jump. A vocal minority said it would flop.

Fred.

I'm talking about certain coli members :mjpls:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm still intrigued by this because I'm a fan of The Eternals as a property and Chloe Zhao as a filmmaker but some of the stuff in that trailer had me like :dwillhuh:

Ikaris and Sersi being a couple is just weird as a fan of those characters in the comics.

Still have no clue what the hell this movie is about and the fact that there seems to be a cast of thousands in this movie is a lot for a property 99.9% of the world has no clue about. At least with Guardians of the Galaxy the trailers painted a pretty clear picture of what we would be getting even if the characters were all not that familiar to the general public.

And that part about The Avengers seemed really forced.

It looks great though. Zhao is definitely not disappointing on the visual front.

The trailer really does put off that "This film was made by a serious auteur" vibe that Lee's Hulk movie had.
This.

There’s usually a level of confidence in the trailer this one lacks. Like Shang Chi barely said anything but I understood some of his character from the brief snippets.

Like i actually have no idea why that last scene was funny.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm still intrigued by this because I'm a fan of The Eternals as a property and Chloe Zhao as a filmmaker but some of the stuff in that trailer had me like :dwillhuh:

Ikaris and Sersi being a couple is just weird as a fan of those characters in the comics.

Still have no clue what the hell this movie is about and the fact that there seems to be a cast of thousands in this movie is a lot for a property 99.9% of the world has no clue about. At least with Guardians of the Galaxy the trailers painted a pretty clear picture of what we would be getting even if the characters were all not that familiar to the general public.

And that part about The Avengers seemed really forced.

It looks great though. Zhao is definitely not disappointing on the visual front.

The trailer really does put off that "This film was made by a serious auteur" vibe that Lee's Hulk movie had.

Didn’t really feel forced to me when literally since this movie been announced and the last 2 years even coli niccas in here been like “bu bu bu but where was the Eternals when Thanos came”

I like how this film acknowledges ultimately they try to avoid interfering with human shyt and this film may really finally shed some more answers on it

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This.

There’s usually a level of confidence in the trailer this one lacks. Like Shang Chi barely said anything but I understood some of his character from the brief snippets.

I think the last scene isn't meant to be funny but is trying to display their power. He matter of factly thinks he can lead the World's Mightiest Heroes and subdue any challenger to that effect.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking about certain coli members :mjpls:

Oh, trust me I know.

I was telling people there was no way "GOTG" would flop, from day 1:

The comic crowd alone will insure this don't flop. People went nuts over the trailer at Comic-Con.

Fred.

Comic fans alone will easily put that shyt above $300 mill. You're living in 1992 man. Comics ain't some kind of fringe entertainment any more. The Coli has this same conversation every time a Marvel movie is announced.

Fred.

etc etc etc.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Fred.

He right.... certain coli people talk wild about Marvel movies Uatu.

Y’all got rid of most of them but a few remnants still remain:lolbron:

• Dap

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
This.

Well for one they're immortal, so that probably wouldn't work.
For two, it even said in the trailer, their role was to help guide and not interfere, so leading the avengers would be the exact opposite of what they're suppose to be doing.

It also shows that they were aware of what was going on after the snap, yet they were still not apart of the final battle in end game.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Fred.
There was a contingent of anti-Marvel people who pretty much predicted anything outside of the Avengers characters would be a flop: GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange...all were pegged as being "Marvel's first flop".
Those people were just being crabs.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So these cats created life on Earth? Or something like that?

Where were they when shyt was going left basically nonstop since the inception of the MCU? Or do they have a "no interference under any circumstances" policy?

I'm legit curious.

Fred.
That no interference code was broken like three times in the trailer while Salma Hayek was talking about it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Where were they when shyt was going left basically nonstop since the inception of the MCU? Or do they have a "no interference under any circumstances" policy?

I'm legit curious.

Fred.
Not sure that's what makes this interesting. Anyone got more info?

• Dap

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

I'm legit curious.

Fred.

Celestials are powerful extraterrestrial cosmic beings. This alien race influenced key events in human history for mysterious and unclear reasons. They were responsible for key human evolutionary events, such as the genetic-offshoot races the Eternals and the Deviants[10] as well as the emergence of super-humans both through the inclusion of the X-Gene and through beneficial mutation (e.g. Bruce Banner becoming the Hulk when exposed to gamma rays instead of dying).

Technically, the Eternals have been around for millions of years. Their history expands way beyond earth. Thanos is a Deviant as well. I doubt they are going to stick to the comics because it would take multiple movies the tell their story.