Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Took me a while to gather my thoughts about this flick, saw it a few weeks ago now on the same night I caught Many Saints..

..Visually it's easily one of the better MCU flicks, and I pretty much liked all the actors/characters. Story fell a bit flat for me, and the action was ass and lacked creativity for the most part.

Difficult one to rank, seems like they wanted this to be different....but still held the writers/directors hands a bit too much. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out the studio forced a lot of the action stuff in.

It's very interesting, at least. So far I fukks with this phase (this and Shang Chi).

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Took me a while to gather my thoughts about this flick, saw it a few weeks ago now on the same night I caught Many Saints..

..Visually it's easily one of the better MCU flicks, and I pretty much liked all the actors/characters. Story fell a bit flat for me, and the action was ass and lacked creativity for the most part.

Difficult one to rank, seems like they wanted this to be different....but still held the writers/directors hands a bit too much. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out the studio forced a lot of the action stuff in.

It's very interesting, at least. So far I fukks with this phase (this and Shang Chi).
I loved Ikaris against Makkari, Thena and Phastos. I thought that shyt was great.
But yeah I hear you on the rest. Plus it was just too long. As interesting as it was it became a choir after awhile.

Daps
First time coming to this thread so I’m interested in seeing other thoughts. Saw the movie last night. This is by far the most boring Marvel movie made. 2hr37min. Only thing good about this movie was the special effects. Me, my wife and other moviegoers were fighting the sleep, a few people even left. Wonder Woman pt2 was more entertaining than this. That rotten tomatoes score from the critics was pretty much spot on with this one. This is at the bottom of the list for me, right behind Black Widow and Thor 2.