Official 'The Eternals' Thread

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This is where they lose me. Are Eternals born? Didn't they show a big ass Celestial contraption that created Eternals? They can procreate? Why?

This gets into the whole AI argument and what is life. Yes they were created, but they also suffered injuries that Ajak had to heal. They have blood, they have feelings and emotions. They're free thinking, which is probably why their memories are wiped. And Eternals are born because Thanos was born. The Red Skull even said who his mother and father were in Endgame. A the same time, Eternals can't reproduce. The movie goes away from the comics, but all of the Eternals were from Earth. They had a civil war, and the losers fled to Titan. Those Titan Eternals did eventually have the ability to reproduce. So I think that's something they will get into later. Especially considering that Ajak has been doing this for millions of years. So what happened to the Eternals across the universe over those millions of years?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This gets into the whole AI argument and what is life. Yes they were created, but they also suffered injuries that Ajak had to heal. They have blood, they have feelings and emotions. They're free thinking, which is probably why their memories are wiped. And Eternals are born because Thanos was born. The Red Skull even said who his mother and father were in Endgame. A the same time, Eternals can't reproduce. The movie goes away from the comics, but all of the Eternals were from Earth. They had a civil war, and the losers fled to Titan. Those Titan Eternals did eventually have the ability to reproduce. So I think that's something they will get into later. Especially considering that Ajak has been doing this for millions of years. So what happened to the Eternals across the universe over those millions of years?
Thanks, if anything it's interesting. Looking forward to where they go with them.
  • We Got Ikaris in the wind,
  • Makkari, Sprite, Druig and Thena looking for other Eternals
  • And Phastos, Sersei and Kingo kidnapped by Eresham and in big trouble according to Starfox.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
So what’s the consensus on this? I’m going to see it with my dad this weekend. Seems like audience likes it a bit more than the critics but I asked a friend and he said it was just “okay”.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So what’s the consensus on this? I’m going to see it with my dad this weekend. Seems like audience likes it a bit more than the critics but I asked a friend and he said it was just “okay”.
Yeah, it's mixed. There some good stuff in there but a lot of questionable stuff as well And no one in the cast gives you that super charismatic performance.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that we understand how Celestials are hatched from cosmic eggs incubated by populated planets, they can introduce Galactus. He's the sole survivor of his universe "hatching" and causing the big bang that created our universe. Maybe he could be an archenemy for the Celestials. Particularly Arishem. The Phoenix Force could be introduced also

Galactus is the yin to their yang. A cosmic balancer which it what the MCU turned thanos into. The celestials experiments with eternals deviants and eventually mutants are supposed to be antibodies to protect the host planet of the celestial egg.superheroes defend the planet not knowing whats really in the core of their planet. Thats why galactus is not portrayed as evil cause he only eats enough to survive.

if he dont do what he do there would be millions of celestials.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, not my idea but a youtube commentator said they need to do a show about normal people and their reaction to all the MCU fukkery. I think that's a dope idea, just make a drama about the trauma of all this supernatural stuff is causing to regular People's psyches.

Yup. When they showed the ground level experience of the Snap in Wandavision with Tayonnah that was extremely dope. So many stories they could tell if they went in that direction and they could still link it with the overall story.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
the only thing i cared about based off the premise of the characters was watching them influence major historical events. that's always the fun of immortal characters... and they barely did shyt. oh they were in Mesopatamia and Babylon and saw Cortez killing Mayans... oh and she gave a kid a knife, and they mentioned that Sprite was Peter Pan, etc. that was far and away the coolest thing that could be done with these characters. it doesn't exactly advance plot too much, but that's what i wanted to see more of. if this was a 10 episode Disney+ show where the first 5 were "Eternals through history" without having to bounce to present day to kill bad cgi demon wolves and galaxy sized robots, i would have liked Eternals way more, no doubt about it.
This right here. This should've been a Disney+ 10 episode show showcasing their influence throughout human history and the MCU.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Shyt was fire to me, the humor was surprisingly good. Family dynamic was good and each character was cool to me. The potential for the cosmic side is huge. Loved the final battle, that’s how u do super speed that shyt was raw. Icarus is the blueprint for marvel powerhouses, the way he was depicted was perfect, I’d argue he’d wash a few MCU top teirs tbh. Mad he died tho wanted a redemption arc in the future but if his memories are still at the world forge then maybe he can come back. His death was poetic tho, flew into the sun fukk flying too close :wow: I have this on the upper side of the MCU.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Shyt was fire to me, the humor was surprisingly good. Family dynamic was good and each character was cool to me. The potential for the cosmic side is huge. Loved the final battle, that’s how u do super speed that shyt was raw. Icarus is the blueprint for marvel powerhouses, the way he was depicted was perfect, I’d argue he’d wash a few MCU top teirs tbh. Mad he died tho wanted a redemption arc in the future but if his memories are still at the world forge then maybe he can come back. His death was poetic tho, flew into the sun fukk flying too close :wow: I have this on the upper side of the MCU.
All of this.:ehh:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
the only thing i cared about based off the premise of the characters was watching them influence major historical events. that's always the fun of immortal characters... and they barely did shyt. oh they were in Mesopatamia and Babylon and saw Cortez killing Mayans... oh and she gave a kid a knife, and they mentioned that Sprite was Peter Pan, etc. that was far and away the coolest thing that could be done with these characters. it doesn't exactly advance plot too much, but that's what i wanted to see more of. if this was a 10 episode Disney+ show where the first 5 were "Eternals through history" without having to bounce to present day to kill bad cgi demon wolves and galaxy sized robots, i would have liked Eternals way more, no doubt about it.
Exactly how I feel. Thought I was weird though cause I grew up watching shyt like Ancient Aliens :russ:. I really wanted to see how their specific personalities shaped the global society. Like if instead of Kumals character being a Bollywood star, it would’ve been cool to see how he influenced Buddha or something idk. Just thought they really missed the mark