Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Shyt was fire to me, the humor was surprisingly good. Family dynamic was good and each character was cool to me. The potential for the cosmic side is huge. Loved the final battle, that’s how u do super speed that shyt was raw. Icarus is the blueprint for marvel powerhouses, the way he was depicted was perfect, I’d argue he’d wash a few MCU top teirs tbh. Mad he died tho wanted a redemption arc in the future but if his memories are still at the world forge then maybe he can come back. His death was poetic tho, flew into the sun fukk flying too close :wow: I have this on the upper side of the MCU.

Thought this was one of the worst marvel movies I’ve watched

Back to back posts on the Coli

:mjlol::mjlol:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
in terms of ideas, cinematography, ambition, canvas and power representation this film is a strong 8. not too keen on the identity of the world's ******* but that's it.

the problems lie with the execution, pacing, overall sequencing of events and some of the characters (which might be down to the director and/or the acting).

as a poster above said, it needed more time, more show-not-tell, better development for the "bad guys".

all in all this is grander in scope that any other MCU film and could in and of itself be the basis of its own "E-MCU".

saying all of this, the problems with the actual execution render this film a very interesting but flawed 7.

this storyline has the potential to be above anything else in the MCU (so far) .. even infinity war IMO.

this films biggest problem (and greatest strength) is the directorship :hubie:"Zhao sisters" needed to balance each other out.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Always thought this shyt was goofy

i wouldn't go that far but yeah you are right :ehh:

makkari >>>> other film speedsters ... :wow:

like this film in general, makkari is the grown up representation of speeding vs. the adolescent representation we have seen in other films thus far.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
crazy how The Flash, the most famous speedster, runs like an absolute fukkin idiot in the DC movies. also realizing i don't remember a goddamn thing about Quiksilver's running style in Ultron. i remember him clocking Cap and the stupid "you didn't see that coming" shyt, but nothing about the style of effects

Conz

Superstar
Daps

These nicca went off in the coli :picard:

and like 5 specific posters in here :whew:

To anyone that still haven’t seen this movie.

fukk all them other critics and reviews, just watch this

i tend to keep these dudes in rotation when i wanna watch dumb youtube wrap up vids, and they legit have never disliked anything marvel. not even trailers. at least from what i've seen

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
crazy how The Flash, the most famous speedster, runs like an absolute fukkin idiot in the DC movies. also realizing i don't remember a goddamn thing about Quiksilver's running style in Ultron. i remember him clocking Cap and the stupid "you didn't see that coming" shyt, but nothing about the style of effects

I never seent a gay man run with sheer machismo.

That's what getting blasted in the culo does to your running stance/dynamics.

On the flip side, I enjoyed Eternals.

Good origin story film. Not as cinemagraphically inclined and articulate about detailing movies as y'all is... i'm a basic betch in the regard.

But the movie graphics and acting was solid. Story was cool and i really enjoyed that last scene.

Yeah, monsters was ehhh... but that was made up for at the climax/end.

What if the gigantic rock monster at the end really lived up to his full growth? That mothafukka was huge!!!! Loved it. Fukkin cool.

And the romance between Gigamesh and Athena was disappointing. When they gon' let an asian breh feast on some white meet on screen?

Damn jabronies. It was Romeo Must Diet all over agains.

:ohlawd:

8.3 out of 10. Massive entertaining flick and i didn't go to the donicker once. Ate hella food in the AMC too. haha.

I don't really watch super hero movies twice... unless it's blade and it's sequel. But this I may see when it hits streamings.

Any whos... AMC Movie Pass member is dope:

Gourmet burger with side of maryrose-encrusted fries
Two soda waters
large pop corn (puh puh puh popcorn!)
Naked chicken wings with sauce on the side.
24 ounce blue moon
Extra ketchup.

With my movie club discount = $39 and some change (i tipped 10 bucks).

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:damn:
I never seent a gay man run with sheer machismo.

That's what getting blasted in the culo does to your running stance/dynamics.

On the flip side, I enjoyed Eternals.

Good origin story film. Not as cinemagraphically inclined and articulate about detailing movies as y'all is... i'm a basic betch in the regard.

But the movie graphics and acting was solid. Story was cool and i really enjoyed that last scene.

Yeah, monsters was ehhh... but that was made up for at the climax/end.

What if the gigantic rock monster at the end really lived up to his full growth? That mothafukka was huge!!!! Loved it. Fukkin cool.

And the romance between Gigamesh and Athena was disappointing. When they gon' let an asian breh feast on some white meet on screen?

Damn jabronies. It was Romeo Must Diet all over agains.

:ohlawd:

8.3 out of 10. Massive entertaining flick and i didn't go to the donicker once. Ate hella food in the AMC too. haha.

I don't really watch super hero movies twice... unless it's blade and it's sequel. But this I may see when it hits streamings.

Any whos... AMC Movie Pass member is dope:

Gourmet burger with side of maryrose-encrusted fries
Two soda waters
large pop corn (puh puh puh popcorn!)
Naked chicken wings with sauce on the side.
24 ounce blue moon
Extra ketchup.

With my movie club discount = $39 and some change (i tipped 10 bucks).

you ate good :salute: