Official The Boys Season 3 Thread

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
The comics ending is very very dark, except for maybe 2 characters.
I doubt they'll adapt it directly, so don't worry about comic spoilers.

Yeah, I can't see them going for that. Would be incredibly dark and nihilistic even for this show.

Although I could see certain elements coming in even if they don't go all the way.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is basically what I see happening too

Homelander having to deal with losing his powers is too interesting a story line not to do

They may even redeem him somehow if a new big bad appears

I don’t think Homelander can be or should be redeemed. That would ruin the character.

But I can see them doing a fake redemption where after he loses his powers he pretends to be good and changed and you actually think he is trying to be but it turns it was a lie just to get his powers back.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I dont think I agree with anything said in thread the past 10 pages

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Vought has to have a fail-safe in case Homelander or anyone who is extremely powerful goes off the rails right? You would think.

In the comics, yeah but things are a bit different in the show.

Ooop someone already mentioned it.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Just catching up on the thread.. I don't know why everyone is thinking Homelander stuff needs to be wrapped up. It's been clear from the second season that his son is going to be the one to kill him. Vought is basically trying to raise a good Homelander and get this nutcase out the way. What would this series be without Homelander? A supe of the week type of shyt where the hunt a new guy each time?

Only other way I can see is if Edgar gets powers and is stronger than them all. But for now, Homelander is the big bad and I don't see how you can replace him with a weaker supe
I get all that but his dominance is becoming boring.

We need to at least see someone who is a threat to him

Maybe that will be soldier boy but I doubt it. They are more alike than different.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
P
I get all that but his dominance is becoming boring.

We need to at least see someone who is a threat to him

Maybe that will be soldier boy but I doubt it. They are more alike than different.
its def soldier boy. He just teamed up with Butcher and has depower powers. But I think regardless, homelander will remain the big bad.