Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Was Deep as dumb in season 1 as he was in season 2?

I thought he was just incompetent because Homelander used him as a whipping boy in season 1.

At first I disliked the changes they made to Maeve's personality but this season it really landed for me that she's just as tired and jaded as comic Maeve but because Elena was still in the wind she had hopes of happiness. I kinda like the fact that Maeve is as strong as the story needs her to be while keeping her away from the fighting so she doesn't get jobbed. I don't know which scene is more Emmy worthy, Butcher's murder stare or Homelander's laugh/cry of dispair as he lost everything, his girl, his boy, his control over everyone.

Was it ever explicitly revealed that the frescas were drugged?

This song complements the Daddy's home scene in ep 1 so well. :wow:

Of course Deep was as dumb. It's apparently his role in the show, to be tragic, comic relief. The character isn't too likeable, but his actor plays the role very well. Mostly everyone does solid work here, but obviously Homelander takes the cake, with Karl Urban right next to him. Karl really sold the nuances of his character this season, especially seeing his wife die. I almost let one drop.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
30uuko8qp9s51.jpg

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Eh, that depends. For me, I would like to see at least 2 more seasons with HL and one post-homelander season. But I don't think he makes it through season three without having an Irredeemable moment. I need to go back and finish the final 50 issues.
:mjlol:
You must have just started watching TV if you think Homelander dies before the series finale. Whatever beat down he gets will make what the girls did to st0rmfr0nt look like WWE.​

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You must have just started watching TV if you think Homelander dies before the series finale. Whatever beat down he gets will make what the girls did to st0rmfr0nt look like WWE.​

In a lot of superhero shows/movies the first villain is not the final villain. That's almost always the case in comics. I haven't read this comic and have no interest in having it spoiled but it would be easy for someone to assume Homelander is not the final threat based on other media.

MD20

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the way they showed that Maeve knew exactly what drives Homelander while st0rmfr0nt was way out in left field. When st0rmfr0nt started talking about no more rallies, press appearances, and screaming fans Homelander gave her a look like "bytch you wilding".

Oh and "s'up shytbirds" was great.
I like the way they showed that Maeve knew exactly what drives Homelander while st0rmfr0nt was way out in left field. When st0rmfr0nt started talking about no more rallies, press appearances, and screaming fans Homelander gave her a look like "bytch you wilding".

You noticed that too, huh? Homelander is such an attention whore who needs approval so much.:manny::mjlol::russ:

Oh and "s'up shytbirds" was great.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Do you know what Irredeemable is?
Cause if you do then you know that sort of mass slaughter can't be resolved midseason. I only said he has an Irredeemable moment midseason not that Homelander gets got midseason.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
In a lot of superhero shows/movies the first villain is not the final villain. That's almost always the case in comics. I haven't read this comic and have no interest in having it spoiled but it would be easy for someone to assume Homelander is not the final threat based on other media.
Fair point. However the show has invested a lot into showcasing the complexities of Homelander’s personality. That’s not something you do even for a semi disposable big bad. Until there’s a super equal in power to HL, he has to be seen as the ultimate enemy. I actually think HL will transition into that “second” enemy. We saw a glimpse of it when he imagined himself incinerating those protestors. Eventually he’ll be exposed and be fully unleashed. I anticipate a final battle featuring the boys enhanced with compound v, aided by a young Ryan with better control of his powers.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
now that's how you end a season :wow: I saw a familiar face from supernatural in that last ep can't wait for season 3 :blessed:

EDIT: lowkey a lot what was said is currently going one now.

When st0rmfr0nt said "they just don't like to be called a nazi" she said no lie

Last edited: