Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I had to ask Boobie if i had to change the screen settings on the living room tv. Cause Starlight looks EXTRA pale.
bytch look damn near dead!

Ironoically her comic book counterpart is meant to be a “blonde bombshell” in every sense of the word.

This season was fantastic much much better than season 1. It’s amazing how homelander is literally a ticking time bomb and everyone around him is threading on eggshells. They have also stirred the show away from the comics with the main plot line still in the wing.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't seen a TV character rack up Ls like Deep since prime Theon Greyjoy :wow:

I thought they had a good opportunity to transfer his shyt into a more serious role here, not even having to get back in the Seven. His shyt kinda getting stale to me tho and he ain’t even really in the picture

They already fit a ton of comic relief in with the main cast, so there’s not really much point in having a character/arc that is solely comic relief. I guess they might be beholden to the source material tho idk it

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
CanineDopeyBilby-size_restricted.gif

:lolbron:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
048ab3e58cc7b55e220c7d1b5a613c23d5fb1f96_hq.gif

I should've seen that Victoria Newman shyt coming, it's just her character was so different from Vic the Veep but when you think about what st0rmfr0nt represented a trendy hip alt-righter who talked big shyt to crowds of supporters being controlled by Vought then you got councilwoman Newman at the other end being a young trendy hip liberal who talked big shyt to crowds of supporters and in the end was controlled by Vought.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The scene with Maeve, Starlight and Kimiko stomping the shyt out of st0rmfr0nt is some of the most satisfying TV I've seen in a minute. :russ:

No powers at all - just an unspoken agreement "Let's put hands and feet on this bytch :demonic:"

Butcher and Ryan's last interaction too.

Butcher: And what did I teach you?

Ryan: "Don't be a c*nt :ohhh:"

Butcher: :obama:

:laff:

Breh I was on the floor when the phone that he left in the cabin started ringing and the saved name was that c*nt from Vought.:russ:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This version of Butcher is soft:francis:
The comics Butcher was a psychopath.
But that reassuring because it means they may avoid that MM storyline. lt gonna make even less sense if the creators go that route...plus it'd be kind of:mjpls: You clean up the crazy cac for tv but not the stable Black father.:snoop: i just remembered his daughter's storyline:snoop:I hope she doesn't get V on her hands.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
This version of Butcher is soft:francis:
The comics Butcher was a psychopath.
But that reassuring because it means they may avoid that MM storyline. lt gonna make even less sense if the creators go that route...plus it'd be kind of:mjpls: You clean up the crazy cac for tv but not the stable Black father.:snoop: i just remembered his daughter's storyline:snoop:I hope she doesn't get V on her hands.

They have already hinted at him going the final plan route from season 1. He definitely isn’t the same as the comics, then again in the comics all the characters were more fukked up than the show.