Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Daps
In regards to Homelander and st0rmfr0nt I'm pretty sure they're trolling each other and seeing who can use the other more. Homelander will probably try to get close enough to be this "leader" and try to take her out. st0rmfr0nt clearly is afraid when he pulled up on her the last time and almost legit started choking her. Her face hit the:merchant:She's still trying to manipulate him though in my opinion :jbhmm:

Yep. As I was saying in the other thread, Homelander is EXTREMELY intelligent. I dont think he's as on board with the nazi stuff as it seems.

I think he's just going to go along to see what's happening behind the scenes.

And I dont think st0rmfr0nt is as afraid of him as she's pretending to be.

Dude fired his lasers into her chest and it did nothing. She asked him to do it again.

And before she did the nazi reveal, if im not mistaken, he started the convo about to ask her about the fact that what he did to her didn't hurt her.

I think we're getting set up for the Okey doke. Something crazy and unpredictable is gonna happen with that whole situation.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'm glad people seem to like the new ep but again.....that shyt was uneven as hell for me.

The Lamplighter stuff was great. The Frenchie stuff added some depth to the character, and I liked how the ep jumped around in time.

I'm a sucker for anything that breaks up the traditional 60 minute format of a show. Even if it's something as simple as flashbacks.

The hospital scenes were dope. Reminded me of when all the monsters got loose in "Cabin In The Woods".

As far as stuff I didn't like....

Homelander still riding with st0rmfr0nt after her big reveal is some shaky ass writing man. Especially considering earlier in the season he didn't even want to "save the world". He wanted to "save America". So for him to throw all that out the window to start a race war with a literal Nazi....when he doesn't even give a fukk about humans in general....let alone care enough to hate an individual race....shyt ain't adding up to me. But I'll give them time to flesh that out.
The Deep/Church shyt continues to be :beli: for me. I dunno, I'm just not entertained by that at all. And now A-Train is roped into that subplot, too. :francis:

Oh and maybe I'm crazy but how the fukk is Hughie in the hospital (with Butcher, who checked him in) when they're both wanted fugitives whose faces were all over the news? :dahell:

Again, it's possible they'll explain that next week but....not seeing how either of them made it past admissions.

Fred.
I

Agree with everything here

• Dap
Reactions: hex

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
One of these dudes (The Boys) need to die. I thought it was going to be Frenchy this last episode, but no. Basically, this show keeps falling into the some trope where the boys end up in some dire situation and get away relatively unscathed by some deus ex machina, or convenience. There’s no real tension or gravity, because it doesn’t seem like anything can actually happen to them - no matter the circumstance.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:dame: Show creators are not from Harlem for that.

:dame: Who thinks of shyt like that?
Wish I could neg them for doing MM like that
894.gif

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Can't put my finger on it but this season isn't that good. At least compared to season 1
Feel like they’re padding a bit. This is probably the first ep this season that actually felt like something that moved shyt forward happened.
Show probably such a hit amazon told them to pump the brakes we gotta milk this :mjlol:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I'm glad people seem to like the new ep but again.....that shyt was uneven as hell for me.

The Lamplighter stuff was great. The Frenchie stuff added some depth to the character, and I liked how the ep jumped around in time.

I'm a sucker for anything that breaks up the traditional 60 minute format of a show. Even if it's something as simple as flashbacks.

The hospital scenes were dope. Reminded me of when all the monsters got loose in "Cabin In The Woods".

As far as stuff I didn't like....

Homelander still riding with st0rmfr0nt after her big reveal is some shaky ass writing man. Especially considering earlier in the season he didn't even want to "save the world". He wanted to "save America". So for him to throw all that out the window to start a race war with a literal Nazi....when he doesn't even give a fukk about humans in general....let alone care enough to hate an individual race....shyt ain't adding up to me. But I'll give them time to flesh that out.
The Deep/Church shyt continues to be :beli: for me. I dunno, I'm just not entertained by that at all. And now A-Train is roped into that subplot, too. :francis:

Oh and maybe I'm crazy but how the fukk is Hughie in the hospital (with Butcher, who checked him in) when they're both wanted fugitives whose faces were all over the news? :dahell:

Again, it's possible they'll explain that next week but....not seeing how either of them made it past admissions.

Fred.

I actually like the Church arc. They clearly don't like the way Vought operates. So my thinking is they're either trying to create their on Seven or they're trying to gain control of Vought.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
With there supposedly only being 2 episodes left I feel like unless something MAJOR happens in the next episode this season will end up being unfulfilling. World building is cool and we did learn a lot about the world of The Boys but there really hasn't been a hard hitting goal they can wrap up quickly. Seems like this season is just setting up huge payoffs for next year.

Last edited: