Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Yea surprisingly they bodied him like that he's not a random character :mjtf:
shyt like that is why I’m telling ppl not to worry too much about book spoilers. Kripke is doing his own thing and he’s made some good calls in what to change so far in my opinion.

Ennis when he’s not working for the big two (dc & marvel) tends to be super edgelord for edgelords sake. He works best when you give him some boundaries and so far the show is kinda working like that.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just binged season 2 and yea st0rmfr0nt is definitely scared of Homelander:ufdup:
The shows doing a better job developing Starlight, Maeva, Deep, Atrain, Frenchy, and hell even Female or Kimiko and Frenchie than the comics:ehh:I can't wait to see how they handle st0rmfr0nts end that lighting hobbits death will be:banderas:Whether it be Homelander or Kimiko will be interesting. Los Pollos pulling the strings is interesting I'm curious what his endgame is:jbhmm:The Church seems to be an interesting 3rd power slowly building as well:patrice:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
shyt like that is why I’m telling ppl not to worry too much about book spoilers. Kripke is doing his own thing and he’s made some good calls in what to change so far in my opinion.

Ennis when he’s not working for the big two (dc & marvel) tends to be super edgelord for edgelords sake. He works best when you give him some boundaries and so far the show is kinda working like that.
Agreed. I'm appreciating how they've done Starlight way better than the books that initiation was:hhh:Butcher isn't as much of a dckhead surprisingly either :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad people seem to like the new ep but again.....that shyt was uneven as hell for me.

The Lamplighter stuff was great. The Frenchie stuff added some depth to the character, and I liked how the ep jumped around in time.

I'm a sucker for anything that breaks up the traditional 60 minute format of a show. Even if it's something as simple as flashbacks.

The hospital scenes were dope. Reminded me of when all the monsters got loose in "Cabin In The Woods".

As far as stuff I didn't like....

Homelander still riding with st0rmfr0nt after her big reveal is some shaky ass writing man. Especially considering earlier in the season he didn't even want to "save the world". He wanted to "save America". So for him to throw all that out the window to start a race war with a literal Nazi....when he doesn't even give a fukk about humans in general....let alone care enough to hate an individual race....shyt ain't adding up to me. But I'll give them time to flesh that out.
The Deep/Church shyt continues to be :beli: for me. I dunno, I'm just not entertained by that at all. And now A-Train is roped into that subplot, too. :francis:

Oh and maybe I'm crazy but how the fukk is Hughie in the hospital (with Butcher, who checked him in) when they're both wanted fugitives whose faces were all over the news? :dahell:

Again, it's possible they'll explain that next week but....not seeing how either of them made it past admissions.

Fred.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm glad people seem to like the new ep but again.....that shyt was uneven as hell for me.

The Lamplighter stuff was great. The Frenchie stuff added some depth to the character, and I liked how the ep jumped around in time.

I'm a sucker for anything that breaks up the traditional 60 minute format of a show. Even if it's something as simple as flashbacks.

The hospital scenes were dope. Reminded me of when all the monsters got loose in "Cabin In The Woods".

Homelander still riding with st0rmfr0nt after her big reveal is some shaky ass writing man. Especially considering earlier in the season he didn't even want to "save the world". He wanted to "save America". So for him to throw all that out the window to start a race war with a literal Nazi....when he doesn't even give a fukk about humans in general....let alone care enough to hate an individual race....shyt ain't adding up to me. But I'll give them time to flesh that out.
The Deep/Church shyt continues to be :beli: for me. I dunno, I'm just not entertained by that at all. And now A-Train is roped into that subplot, too. :francis:

Oh and maybe I'm crazy but how the fukk is Hughie in the hospital (with Butcher, who checked him in) when they're both wanted fugitives whose faces were all over the news? :dahell:

Again, it's possible they'll explain that next week but....not seeing how either of them made it past admissions.

Fred.

quality fred analysis like always
:ehh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Fred.
In regards to Homelander and st0rmfr0nt I'm pretty sure they're trolling each other and seeing who can use the other more. Homelander will probably try to get close enough to be this "leader" and try to take her out. st0rmfr0nt clearly is afraid when he pulled up on her the last time and almost legit started choking her. Her face hit the:merchant:She's still trying to manipulate him though in my opinion :jbhmm:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
In regards to Homelander and st0rmfr0nt I'm pretty sure they're trolling each other and seeing who can use the other more. Homelander will probably try to get close enough to be this "leader" and try to take her out. st0rmfr0nt clearly is afraid when he pulled up on her the last time and almost legit started choking her. Her face hit the:merchant:She's still trying to manipulate him though in my opinion :jbhmm:

it seemed to me like Homelander had some thoughts before kissing her at the end. It looks like he might be learning to be quiet and not let his impulse control his actions

he’s perceptive and has the ability to calculate, but needs to be more open to outside the box thinking and just being quiet and letting shyt play out

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
He was ready to throw her away before she mentioned the leader bit. His whole mannerism was shock and heartbreak, watch how he walked away from her but he turned it around as soon as she mentioned he’d rule. He wants to be worshipped like a god and sadly st0rmfr0nt knows it.

He’s getting played but I think she realizes she’s playing with fire and can’t totally control him now. Question is how does vought play into this? Since she’s got the history is she running the company in any capacity? If so why’d she let a black man be at the top etc.