Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
OK, shouldn't he make dude prove it? He doesn't have the evidence he was claiming.
You rob a bank and getaway. I come to your house and say, "hey I saw you rob that bank and I have video. Give me half or I'm turning you in. And if I don't show up tomorrow, it's going to the cops anyway."

Now how exactly will you force ANYTHING?

Beat me/torture me and I might say I was bluffing... Am I though? Can you sleep trusting that you're not gonna be on the news tomorrow? You 150% I told you the truth?

Or I might just die and say nothing... You stuck in the same situation.

Or I might tell you it's in the bank... You can't walk me into there now can you? And unless you do, you still have no idea if it's really even in there or not. I could just be lying to stop the torture....

You could torture me to give up the location and then kill me and then go yourself... but you run into all the same problems............

See that's where blackmail works. The person being blackmailed is fearful of the what ifs. THEY know they did wrong.. And now they know YOU know they did wrong.. The only thing they care about, is nobody else finding out. And mutually assured destruction is the only true way both sides can agree. I mean even if I handed you "all" the evidence, how are you sure there's not more?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
even thou st0rmfr0nt going fukk Vought International she still use their resource to push the fear of super terrorist.

SUPER VILLAIN

tenor.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You rob a bank and getaway. I come to your house and say, "hey I saw you rob that bank and I have video. Give me half or I'm turning you in. And if I don't show up tomorrow, it's going to the cops anyway."

Now how exactly will you force ANYTHING?

Beat me/torture me and I might say I was bluffing... Am I though? Can you sleep trusting that you're not gonna be on the news tomorrow? You 150% I told you the truth?

Or I might just die and say nothing... You stuck in the same situation.

Or I might tell you it's in the bank... You can't walk me into there now can you? And unless you do, you still have no idea if it's really even in there or not. I could just be lying to stop the torture....

You could torture me to give up the location and then kill me and then go yourself... but you run into all the same problems............

See that's where blackmail works. The person being blackmailed is fearful of the what ifs. THEY know they did wrong.. And now they know YOU know they did wrong.. The only thing they care about, is nobody else finding out. And mutually assured destruction is the only true way both sides can agree. I mean even if I handed you "all" the evidence, how are you sure there's not more?
Yes, Black Noire should have broke fingers and limbs of all involved until Butcher gave up the location of the photos. If he gives a fake location you tell him I'm killing you and your wife. Vought only cares about the kid.
Plus, it sounds like bullshyt. If you had that info you would release it not hold it for an impromptu blackmail.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Yes, Black Noire should have broke fingers and limbs of all involved until Butcher gave up the location of the photos. If he gives a fake location you tell him I'm killing you and your wife. Vought only cares about the kid.
Plus, it sounds like bullshyt. If you had that info you would release it not hold it for an impromptu blackmail.
But if he doesn't give it up and he had it, it's now released... Again.. The part about blackmail is making the other person believe you even MIGHT have it. That's all you need cause you're not even supposed to know about it in the first place, let alone have it documented

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But if he doesn't give it up and he had it, it's now released... Again.. The part about blackmail is making the other person believe you even MIGHT have it. That's all you need cause you're not even supposed to know about it in the first place, let alone have it documented
I thought it would be released upon their death? I didn't say kill them.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I thought it would be released upon their death? I didn't say kill them.
So if they keep him alive being tortured, the same people who would release it, suddenly wouldn’t cause there is no body?

again. he had the leverage bro. To Edgar, these are flies. The kid getting out is the homelander insurance if he’s got another. Plus homelander being a rapist and how they’d ever lock him up.

or let some bums live he could crush again at any time if he had to. Basic underestimating 101

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So if they keep him alive being tortured, the same people who would release it, suddenly wouldn’t cause there is no body?

again. he had the leverage bro. To Edgar, these are flies. The kid getting out is the homelander insurance if he’s got another. Plus homelander being a rapist and how they’d ever lock him up.

or let some bums live he could crush again at any time if he had to. Basic underestimating 101
Butcher explained what the protocol was if they die it gets released. And in the torturing scenario the Boys are under Black Noire's control. They can't get a message to whoever to release the photos.
There is also a compromise. Black Noire/Edgar can just call the cops. The Boys are like America's most wanted aren't they? They will be in a cell and all the news outlets will cover it. If they release the blackmail material then it can be discredited as it comes from known murderers who have an axe to grind with Vought/Supes.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

See this is where you keep messing up, you think the most important thing at stake here is Butcher's life. Its not, Vought is whats at stake here. Thats a hell of a lot more valuable than Butcher's life. Edgar understands that, Butcher understands that, and as a viewer you should understand that.

Edgar has every reason in the world to believe Butcher has that evidence, i already explained why. Butcher told Edgar if he kills him then that evidence will be released, but the thing is Edgar doesnt know the EXACT mechanism for how that info gets released. Is it as simple as if Butcher doesnt call someone tomorrow at 8am he is assumed dead and the evidence is released, are Hughie and MM (who Edgar sees are there and watching) capable of releasing the evidence if Butcher is killed/maimed/tortured, is someone at their hideout instructed to release it if Butcher doesnt come back that night, etc..... Now if Butcher doesnt show up somewhere and that leads to someone assuming he is dead and then releasing the info, you sure as hell cant spend all day torturing him now can you?

And to your last statement, if YOU had that info YOU would release it immediately because YOU arent seeing the full picture here. Other people like to have and hold trump cards for when they actually need them, like im about to be killed by Black Noir and need to get the fukk out of this situation.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
See this is where you keep messing up, you think the most important thing at stake here is Butcher's life. Its not, Vought is whats at stake here. Thats a hell of a lot more valuable than Butcher's life. Edgar understands that, Butcher understands that, and as a viewer you should understand that.

Edgar has every reason in the world to believe Butcher has that evidence, i already explained why. Butcher told Edgar if he kills him then that evidence will be released, but the thing is Edgar doesnt know the EXACT mechanism for how that info gets released. Is it as simple as if Butcher doesnt call someone tomorrow at 8am he is assumed dead and the evidence is released, are Hughie and MM (who Edgar sees are there and watching) capable of releasing the evidence if Butcher is killed/maimed/tortured, is someone at their hideout instructed to release it if Butcher doesnt come back that night, etc..... Now if Butcher doesnt show up somewhere and that leads to someone assuming he is dead and then releasing the info, you sure as hell cant spend all day torturing him now can you?

And to your last statement, if YOU had that info YOU would release it immediately because YOU arent seeing the full picture here. Other people like to have and hold trump cards for when they actually need them, like im about to be killed by Black Noir and need to get the fukk out of this situation.
That's what the torture is for to find out the mechanisms. Are we actually believing all would hold out while getting their fingers, toes arms and legs broken?
I'm saying the impromptu blackmail scheme cooked up is weak and the bluff could easily be called. The fact they didn't even try and just let them go is poor writing/not believable. But if it makes sense to you that's fine. But you're not convincing me. A blackmail scheme hatched literally seconds before death should be questioned. If they came out the gate with it I would believe it more.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That's what the torture is for to find out the mechanisms. Are we actually believing all would hold out while getting their fingers, toes arms and legs broken?

If you torture someone long enough you dont learn the truth, you learn what it is you want them to tell you.

Again you keep thinking from the perspective that Butcher is the one with the most to lose here, he is not. VOUGHT HAS THE MOST TO LOSE. You are so hung up on the "Butcher said the only way the evidence is released is if he is killed so you can just torture him and keep him alive so the evidence isnt released". Thats such an elementary understanding of the situation its laughable.

Jesus Christ, i thought having the show drop week to week would lead to actual good discussion here, but now i wish they just dumped the shyt all at once. :snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you torture someone long enough you dont learn the truth, you learn what it is you want them to tell you.

Again you keep thinking from the perspective that Butcher is the one with the most to lose here, he is not. VOUGHT HAS THE MOST TO LOSE. You are so hung up on the "Butcher said the only way the evidence is released is if he is killed so you can just torture him and keep him alive so the evidence isnt released". Thats such an elementary understanding of the situation its laughable.

Jesus Christ, i thought having the show drop week to week would lead to actual good discussion here, but now i wish they just dumped the shyt all at once. :snoop:
Being exposed as an evil corporation is worst than dying? Since when? :mjlol:
You don't comprehend what I'm saying. The way Butcher exposed his blackmail plot makes it less than believable off top. And Bought/Edgar should act accordingly.
If you are exposed you can at least produce a counter narrative especially if you are well funded organization integrated into different business sectors. If you're dead, that's that. :francis:
If this isn't meeting your expectations of discussion you can just stop chief. No one is here just to agree with you.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The same Vought who got exposed for the following:

- The Deep raped their newcomer who was a teen idol...and they kept him on (even if he was removed from the Seven).
- Their star has been killing innocents by accident and doesn't see the problem.
- The entire production of superheroes is based on a drug that gets fed to babies.

Can now be completely blackmailed by a verbal threat from public enemy #1 who would expose that Homelander....has a child....and that's pretty much it since the rape cannot be proven.

That verbal threat somehow brings Vought to it's knees even though they went through a whole bunch of other shyt that, big scheme, seem way worse. Butch has pictures of a boy and a woman who the public do not know:unimpressed:

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Being exposed as an evil corporation is worst than dying? Since when? :mjlol:
You don't comprehend what I'm saying. The way Butcher exposed his blackmail plot makes it less than believable off top. And Bought/Edgar should act accordingly.
If you are exposed you can at least produce a counter narrative especially if you are well funded organization integrated into different business sectors. If you're dead, that's that. :francis:
If this isn't meeting your expectations of discussion you can just stop chief. No one is here just to agree with you.

Nothing about Butchers blackmail statement is unbelievable to Edgar.

Vought is dealing with Homelander killing an innocent person and the country is pissed.

Vought is dealing with Compound V being exposed and the country is pissed.

Vought would also then be dealing with the face of the company not only being a murderer but a rapist. Vought also knows Homelander is extremely unstable and dealing with the rape story in addition to the murder could throw him over the edge (they literally have a scene displaying Homelander is on the brink of just destroying everybody). That could mean the end of Vought altogether.

Vought is more important than Butchers life. Everyone understands that, even Butcher. Thats why he had the upper hand and Edgar let him go. Bro, there are people who thought it was worth dying to have their children have the opportunity to vote. Thats fact. So yeah, its entirely believable there are people who would trade dying for getting rid of Vought.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The same Vought who got exposed for the following:

- The Deep raped their newcomer who was a teen idol...and they kept him on (even if he was removed from the Seven).
- Their star has been killing innocents by accident and doesn't see the problem.
- The entire production of superheroes is based on a drug that gets fed to babies.

Can now be completely blackmailed by a verbal threat from public enemy #1 who would expose that Homelander....has a child....and that's pretty much it since the rape cannot be proven.

That verbal threat somehow brings Vought to it's knees even though they went through a whole bunch of other shyt that, big scheme, seem way worse. Butch has pictures of a boy and a woman who the public do not know:unimpressed:
Thank you. What's he got pictures of a boy and a mother living in a suburban home? :mjlol:
The boy being Homelander's son and Butcher's wife being raped are not going to be apparent in any pictures. It's dumb.