Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
What? The show is amazing. All of the episodes have been great barring number 3.
Great? Entertaining, sure. Feels like an FX show that doesn't want to be an FX show.

Man, there's entire portions of this that just drag on forever with actors and themes that you know they can't pull off. They spent a whole season with A-Train just to have the product be a few awkward conversations in season 2? Frenchie didn't bring anything to the table really to begin with but now he's just an anchor to another character who isn't worth their screen time. Then they try to run this whole religious long-game payoff with the Deep but there's nothing to even get attached to with him. He's not funny. You can't really identify with a rapist either. He's got no potential. There's no way it turns into anything good.

The few high points are just repeats of strings that the directors feel comfortable with. Tension from certain characters is awesome. But there's nothing the show offers to balance them out. Its not Butcher, MM was never given the depth to begin with, and any CIA/government/Vought official seems like they're only around as replacements to previous people who filled that no matter how well they perform individually. Its just a matter of time until they hit the next plot point then get their head's unceremoniously caved in.

Then you look at all the just plain weird shyt and common sense that characters suddenly lose as the story goes on. Black Noir of all people is getting pressed. A-Train doesn't believe in an insurance policy against the 7 to keep his position. Happy road trips and "I got a burner phone its okay :skip:" nonsense. What does Maeve even do?

And if you watch this show from the guilty pleasure angle? Its even drier

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm super late, been busy, watched the new ep last night.

Thought it was dope as fukk.

Homelander is going out sad though. I actually would've preferred him lasering the crowd. Because at least he would've shown some sort of agency. Him crying like a bytch and begging st0rmfr0nt to meme him back to popularity was pathetic. Although I like that st0rmfr0nt is operating exactly how the alt-right does in real life.

Kinda curious how Mr. Edgar feels about st0rmfr0nt. He checked Homelander for getting out of line, meanwhile st0rmfr0nt is holding press conferences shytting on Vought with no repercussions. I dunno, it's just strange to me. Also strange that st0rmfr0nt is ok with a black man being her boss.

The Deep continues to be the most :beli: part of the show. For me at least, anyway. I see people complaining that the Frenchie/Kimiko scenes aren't connecting to the greater plot but at least that shyt is interesting. This whole cult/marriage subplot is superfluous and boring.

I'll probably say more later.

Fred.
:jbhmm: I think mr.edgar is playing a long game on st0rmfr0nt waiting for her to show her hands before striking her down cause even thou st0rmfr0nt going fukk Vought International she still use their resource to push the fear of super terrorist.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Latest ep is cool but @hex I think you are right. The writing is more on some fly by the seat of your pants shyt than some intricate plot. I was giving them too much credit. Would Black Noir just back down because of some blackmail plot he didn't even bother verifying is true? Doubt it, just probably poorly written.
The sex scene at the end just confirmed for me Storm front can kick Homelander's ass.
WTF is Starlight's power again? It seems pretty harmless. lol
The satire about the women getting together ala End Game was the best part of the ep. :mjlol: The satire about selling gay was great to. That's what they do best on this show.

Black Noir backed down because Edgar told him to. Edgar was the only reason Black Noir was going after Butcher, remember how he had to force Vought security to look for him. At this point The Boys thought Vought was using all their resources to look for them when in reality they weren't looking at all until Edgar put Black Noir on the job.

Black Noir seems like a complete the mission type of character. No emotion, no goals of his own, he just does what he is told.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Black Noir backed down because Edgar told him to. Edgar was the only reason Black Noir was going after Butcher, remember how he had to force Vought security to look for him. At this point The Boys thought Vought was using all their resources to look for them when in reality they weren't looking at all until Edgar put Black Noir on the job.

Black Noir seems like a complete the mission type of character. No emotion, no goals of his own, he just does what he is told.
Sorry, why did Edgar just take dude's word for it?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
OK, shouldn't he make dude prove it? He doesn't have the evidence he was claiming.

So Butcher should have agreed to take Black Noir back to their hideout so Butcher can retrieve the evidence and show Edgar he isn't bluffing. Therefore showing Black Noir where they are holed up but also where and how the evidence is stored? :mindblown:

Bruh these whole blackmail to save my ass plotlines have been going on for decades and the actual evidence is almost never shown to the other party because at that point you are giving too much intel to your enemy.

In blackmail plots you don't need to actually prove to the enemy you have the info you just need to have a situation where the opposition believes you COULD be telling the truth. Don't forget Edgar also knows that someone in a high up position (government) is helping Butcher.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So Butcher should have agreed to take Black Noir back to their hideout so Butcher can retrieve the evidence and show Edgar he isn't bluffing. Therefore showing Black Noir where they are holed up but also where and how the evidence is stored?

Bruh these whole blackmail to save my ass plotlines have been going on for decades and the actual evidence is almost never shown to the other party because at that point you are giving too much intel to your enemy.

In blackmail plots you don't need to actually prove to the enemy you have the info you just need to have a situation where the opposition believes you COULD be telling the truth. Don't forget Edgar also knows that someone in a high up position (government) is helping Butcher.
Butcher said if they die the info gets released. He could have yes broke fingers and limbs of all involved until they gave up the info. Butcher and them were in no position to negotiate. And what did Black Noir have another appointment? Of course he should have made Butcher do all that was mentioned. Why not?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Butcher said if they die the info gets released. He could have yes broke fingers and limbs of all involved until they gave up the info. Butcher and them were in no position to negotiate. And what did Black Noir have another appointment? Of course he should have made Butcher do all that was mentioned. Why not?

No, that's not how any of this works.

Edgar cares more about Vought than he does killing Butcher. Butcher has the advantage here not Edgar. Edgar was in fact the one who wasn't in a position to negotiate if he had belief that Butcher has that intel and means to distribute it, which through prior situations he does hold that belief. Also don't forget Vought has 2 other scandals they are dealing with and cannot afford a 3rd at this time.

Butcher wasn't going to agree to take Black Noir to their hideout and show them the evidence because at that point their leverage is gone.

They are now at a stalemate until a future development breaks it.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No, that's not how any of this works.

Edgar cares more about Vought than he does killing Butcher. Butcher has the advantage here not Edgar. Edgar was in fact the one who wasn't in a position to negotiate if he had belief that Butcher has that intel and means to distribute it, which through prior situations he does hold that belief. Also don't forget Vought has 2 other scandals they are dealing with and cannot afford a 3rd at this time.

Butcher wasn't going to agree to take Black Noir to their hideout and show them the evidence because at that point their leverage is gone.

They are now at a stalemate until a future development breaks it.
Butcher doesn't have the evidence tho, so he doesn't actually have leverage he's bluffing. There was plenty of time and the means to call him on that bluff. Why go through all the trouble of finding him and hunting him down just to back down over some pretend shyt? It doesn't make sense, sorry.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Butcher doesn't have the evidence tho, so he doesn't actually have leverage he's bluffing. There was plenty of time and the means to call him on that bluff. Why go through all the trouble of finding him and hunting him down just to back down over some pretend shyt? It doesn't make sense, sorry.

Definition of dramatic irony | Dictionary.com

Its a very basic storytelling device. Put yourself in Edgar's shoes, its not pretend to him because he knows Butcher has the means to pull off what he said.

These are the things Edgar knows.

1. Butcher has been to Becca's compound and knows about the kid.

2. Butcher, like everyone else in this world (Including starving people according to Homelander) has a cell phone which is capable of taking pictures.

3. Butcher has government resources helping him and could have that information distributed if something happens to him.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's the same thing in mainstream comics as well. What non-white on the Marvel side is Near Thor, Captain Marvel and the Hulk in Strength? Who on the DC side is close to Superman and Wonder Woman?
Blue Marvel
You mean the character they don't ever use?:mjlol:

Lip service character

These responses touch on the multifaceted issue: Marvel does have black characters comparable or stronger than Thor, CM, and Hulk. It's just that those same characters get no burn. Blue Marvel, Spectrum, and Prah'd'gul are arguably more powerful than Thor, CM, and Hulk.. but what does that matter if there are no black creatives to champion them?

White people ain't gon do that shyt unless forced too, and black ppl aren't aware of these characters to force em. Hell, most black ppl never heard of a "Wakanda" until 2016, but i bet you they all knew Krypton.