Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Butcher is the most wanted man by Vought, and Black Noir has to force IT to even look for him. They security lapse as fukk, and they have showed that twice now, with the Butcher search by Black Noir and them not monitoring the cameras at Becca compound.

Homelander also had to get on IT in season 1.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Catching up on the latest episode :ehh:

The Becca/Butcher storyline moved quicker than I expected :ehh:

The twist with st0rmfr0nt's age :ohhh:

Hughie dissing Almond Joy's :picard:. Props to Starlight for not naming basic candy, Bit-O-honey :banderas:

Homelander using Doppleganger to work out his mommy issues, don't know if I could be down with his roleplay powers knowing what he really likes like in the back of my mind :skip:.

The weird cult hooking The Deep up with the Tom Cruise starter package :pachaha:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The security is lapse because the writing is shaky. Realistically there's no reason for security to that damn weak guarding Becca, who has the most valuable person on the planet (a naturally born supe) with her. Butcher even pointed that out as to why he didn't want to take the kid with them. "Billion dollar Vought property" or whatever he said. Then Becca said "there will be dozens of guards here"....what were they doing the whole time Butcher was there? shyt don't add up breh.

Fred.
You know what, I agreed with you. Like the third ep when Storm front is trying to kill Komiko's brother on that roof top she gets Komiko out of the way but then pays her no mind. I thought to myself, "WTF? Did she forget Komiko was there? Why did she let her go and not try to kill her to?" But now these things are accumulating:
- When the Boys meet Raynor and she says too much whoever just kill her and no one even attempts to harm the Boys
- Butcher going in and out of the compound no problem
- MM and Hughie going on a road trip as America's Most Wanted
- Security being lax and treating the Boys the opposite of a priority

All this may be pointing out Edgar/Vought want the Boys alive and on the loose. It's easy then to frame them for some atrocity/crime later. If they are caught or dead you can't. I think there could be something to this theory now that I think about it.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
From what I've heard from folks who read the comics, they said that the TV show actually takes some mediocre source material and made it great. Basically, the comics are just ok and from what I understand the appeal of it was that the creator was always trying to shock the reader more than tell a good story. A lot of fukked up shyt in the comics supposedly that can't even be on TV.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Hint of black noir in the comics
lzvz3dcak6n51.jpg

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I've heard from folks who read the comics, they said that the TV show actually takes some mediocre source material and made it great. Basically, the comics are just ok and from what I understand the appeal of it was that the creator was always trying to shock the reader more than tell a good story. A lot of fukked up shyt in the comics supposedly that can't even be on TV.
I read a few of the comics in its first year and that shyt is bad

Typical Garth Ennis shock value bullshyt

The show improved that wack ass comic 10x

But yea the writing this season is shaky

Code

Banned
Daps
Season 2 is fukking garbage I refuse to believe the same people wrote this and season 1

I literally considered season 1 flawless smh

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You know what, I agreed with you. Like the third ep when Storm front is trying to kill Komiko's brother on that roof top she gets Komiko out of the way but then pays her no mind. I thought to myself, "WTF? Did she forget Komiko was there? Why did she let her go and not try to kill her to?" But now these things are accumulating:
- When the Boys meet Raynor and she says too much whoever just kill her and no one even attempts to harm the Boys
- Butcher going in and out of the compound no problem
- MM and Hughie going on a road trip as America's Most Wanted
- Security being lax and treating the Boys the opposite of a priority

All this may be pointing out Edgar/Vought want the Boys alive and on the loose. It's easy then to frame them for some atrocity/crime later. If they are caught or dead you can't. I think there could be something to this theory now that I think about it.

I would like to think that but as of now I'm chalking all that up to weak writing. :manny:

Homelander also had to get on IT in season 1.

Nah, that's not the same thing man. He got mad at the same girl because she couldn't find Translucent, but they were blocking his tracking chip. So there wasn't anything she could do.

Fred.