Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yea fukk this weekly release shyt this is a binge watch show, it is 8 fukking episodes like an extended movie not an episodic tv show.

If I knew they were doing it this way I wouldn't have watched the first three, now I am just going to wait until the last one airs to watch the rest instead of getting annoyed by some shyt that happens in the last minute and having to wait a week to see how it wraps up.

I have no fukking interest in watching weekly shows anymore.

:umad:

It's better for discussion if we're being honest. Navigating these threads on a show you can binge is the WOAT.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Breh Starlight is the least trust worthy member of the 7 yet she operates with the least surveillance.
Homelander did his Googles on Maeve and her girl friend. And he actually somewhat respects her. So how is he not following Starlight, who he just threatened to kill?
0nPX60l.png

And I realize they explained the chip/subway thing. And I'd let that slide. But again, they met in broad ass day light. Several times. And went on a road trip.
DKt04lZ.png

I just hope they don't start to substitute fukkery for good writing. Because season 1 had the perfect blend.

Fred.

Butcher is the most wanted man by Vought, and Black Noir has to force IT to even look for him. They security lapse as fukk, and they have showed that twice now, with the Butcher search by Black Noir and them not monitoring the cameras at Becca compound.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Butcher is the most wanted man by Vought, and Black Noir has to force IT to even look for him. They security lapse as fukk, and they have showed that twice now, with the Butcher search by Black Noir and them not monitoring the cameras at Becca compound.

The security is lapse because the writing is shaky. Realistically there's no reason for security to that damn weak guarding Becca, who has the most valuable person on the planet (a naturally born supe) with her. Butcher even pointed that out as to why he didn't want to take the kid with them. "Billion dollar Vought property" or whatever he said. Then Becca said "there will be dozens of guards here"....what were they doing the whole time Butcher was there? shyt don't add up breh.

Fred.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The security is lapse because the writing is shaky. Realistically there's no reason for security to that damn weak guarding Becca, who has the most valuable person on the planet (a naturally born supe) with her. Butcher even pointed that out as to why he didn't want to take the kid with them. "Billion dollar Vought property" or whatever he said. Then Becca said "there will be dozens of guards here"....what were they doing the whole time Butcher was there? shyt don't add up breh.

Fred.

The one thing you keep ignoring though is they have a scene showing you the security is not up to par. It would be one thing to say the writing is shaky if they didnt address it, but they did. They showed you that the people running Vought security were not actively searching for Butcher or anyone else for that matter and had to be babysat into doing their job. Its right there. That scene wasnt put there for nothing.

So the point of discussion is, why are the writers purposely showing us over and over that Vought security is not as tight as you would think it would be and what will become of this.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Goddamn the actor playing Homelander must have really tapped into his inner demons / childhood trauma. 2nd season and I’m still amazed at how on edge he has you every scene

i mean what he did to the blind kid in the first ep was so sudden and dude went full demonic..he is a real problem lol

and then the scene with that bytch st0rmfr0nt where she got a little mouthy and he had to let her wit them eyes to stay in a child's place

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Starlight been eating:ehh:

Guess she didn't like looking Malnourished in that costume in season one:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this ep was kinda all over the place. The highs were really high and the lows were really low.

The Homelander stuff and the Liberty/st0rmfr0nt reveal were golden.

The road trip stuff and the Butcher/Becca stuff were pretty goofy to me.

The road trip was :what: because the show randomly decides when the chip used to track the 7 is important. First season, it damn near got them all killed because Homelander was tracking Translucent. This season, Starlight is able to meet Hughie multiple times on the subway and/or in public....while he's one of the most wanted people on the planet, mind you....and go on a whole ass road trip. I know she said she'd play it off like she was going to visit family but given how paranoid Homelander is towards her the timing is a bit silly.

And the Butcher/Becca stuff was :comeon: because dude infiltrated a Vought compound....and none of the guards even noticed him. Dude was out there fukking Becca in the middle of the night and nobody even checked on her....is this the same security guards from CTU? :dahell:

Anyway, I realize the main lure of this show is the fukkery but they need to tighten the writing up a bit.

Fred.
CTU:dead::dead::dead:

Them nikkas was the WOAT:dead:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I thought they were going to use this as a way for A-Train to force them to keep him on the team. "Oh yall tryna get rid of me for a cac? :usure: "

I think that IS the effect. Homelander never told the media that A-Train was off the team. After he got surprised by the interviewer talking about the hashtag, he himself brought up A-Train. Now he's stuck with him on the team.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The one thing you keep ignoring though is they have a scene showing you the security is not up to par. It would be one thing to say the writing is shaky if they didnt address it, but they did. They showed you that the people running Vought security were not actively searching for Butcher or anyone else for that matter and had to be babysat into doing their job. Its right there. That scene wasnt put there for nothing.

So the point of discussion is, why are the writers purposely showing us over and over that Vought security is not as tight as you would think it would be and what will become of this.

NYPD tracked them down based on a stolen boat, for Christ sake.

In light of that Vought security being this fukking lazy....who specifically should be looking for them since they killed a member of the 7....makes no sense. You're basically saying the poor writing is justified because we seen Black Noir coaxing that girl into doing her job. Jack used to always yell at CTU security too. It don't mean it wasn't terrible writing.

So nah I'm not ignoring it.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So then A-Train is the underperforming diversity hire. :mjcry:
That's how Homelander sees him.
But it's shortsighted of him, because A-Train is one of the few people that has been "in" on the Compound V thing all along. If Homelander were thinking clearly, he would realize A-Train knows too much to be put on the outside.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
no one really gives a fukk about the story of the boys

seems like everyone cares more for Homelander and what he is doing lol

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
This shyt is the spiritual successor of True Blood. With that being said I'm enjoying the fukk out of this show so far.