Official The Boys Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man this ep was kinda all over the place. The highs were really high and the lows were really low.

The Homelander stuff and the Liberty/st0rmfr0nt reveal were golden.

The road trip stuff and the Butcher/Becca stuff were pretty goofy to me.

The road trip was :what: because the show randomly decides when the chip used to track the 7 is important. First season, it damn near got them all killed because Homelander was tracking Translucent. This season, Starlight is able to meet Hughie multiple times on the subway and/or in public....while he's one of the most wanted people on the planet, mind you....and go on a whole ass road trip. I know she said she'd play it off like she was going to visit family but given how paranoid Homelander is towards her the timing is a bit silly.

And the Butcher/Becca stuff was :comeon: because dude infiltrated a Vought compound....and none of the guards even noticed him. Dude was out there fukking Becca in the middle of the night and nobody even checked on her....is this the same security guards from CTU? :dahell:

Anyway, I realize the main lure of this show is the fukkery but they need to tighten the writing up a bit.

Fred.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
st0rmfr0nt is such a piece of shyt that I’m low-key cheering for Homelander :deadmanny:

That last scene though...would have never imagined feeling like :dame: & :demonic: in the space of 30 seconds like that.

Thats whats wild, they done brought out a character that makes a breh root for Homelander. :ohhh:

Yeah Homelander might be insane but he aint racist, st0rmfr0nt got to go. :camby:

The road trip was :what: because the show randomly decides when the chip used to track the 7 is important. First season, it damn near got them all killed because Homelander was tracking Translucent. This season, Starlight is able to meet Hughie multiple times on the subway and/or in public....while he's one of the most wanted people on the planet, mind you....and go on a whole ass road trip. I know she said she'd play it off like she was going to visit family but given how paranoid Homelander is towards her the timing is a bit silly.

Well she dont live at the tower so unless Homelander is tracking her all day every day its not like her walking around the city is suspicious. The only issue is if they decide to run facial recognition software on everyone around her all day every day, but as you can see with the scenes with Black Noir, they aint trying to use that shyt unless forced. She says the tracker doesnt work in the subway which is why they meet down there, and the time they were walking around the city she said they couldnt do that anymore because its getting too comfortable about their situation.

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Homelander remains the best character on the show
I want to hate him but he is so messed up its like his whole existence is enough torture for him already

st0rmfr0nt been racist since back in the day as Liberty

I should have know Becca got raped but the setup last season seemed like she was playing house and totally okay with it. Now Vought has her stuck there because she got pregnant and don't want her to piss off Homelander. Still room for another twist there not sure how her the kid ryan has powers. Butcher is right to not want to take the kid with him. I mean who would want to take a rape baby who is a huge target everywhere. The kid is the main reason Becca is stuck there she should legit hate him on some post partum shyt

Butcher gotta go full demon mode now he lost his last bit of hope in the comics he didn't even have Becca to keep him from going over the edge

This hughie and starlight stuff is boring.

I'm mad amazon went from 3 ep premiere to one ep a week. I get that it keeps discussion for the show up but still a binge is always a better experience

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
The story about Mother's Milk pops was the same in the comics.

I'm going guess with the reveal of st0rmfr0nt being as old as she is they'll keep the story of Homelander being made from her DNA it would play into his Oedipus complex and give her a powerful ally. I watched the final trailer again and that's what it seems to be going for. The only thing is there is only so much anyone can control Homelander.

Daps
Man this ep was kinda all over the place. The highs were really high and the lows were really low.

The Homelander stuff and the Liberty/st0rmfr0nt reveal were golden.

The road trip stuff and the Butcher/Becca stuff were pretty goofy to me.

And the Butcher/Becca stuff was :comeon: because dude infiltrated a Vought compound....and none of the guards even noticed him. Dude was out there fukking Becca in the middle of the night and nobody even checked on her....is this the same security guards from CTU? :dahell:

Anyway, I realize the main lure of this show is the fukkery but they need to tighten the writing up a bit.

Fred.

:deadrose:

Daps
Homelander remains the best character on the show
I want to hate him but he is so messed up its like his whole existence is enough torture for him already

st0rmfr0nt been racist since back in the day as Liberty

I should have know Becca got raped but the setup last season seemed like she was playing house and totally okay with it. Now Vought has her stuck there because she got pregnant and don't want her to piss off Homelander. Still room for another twist there not sure how her the kid ryan has powers. Butcher is right to not want to take the kid with him. I mean who would want to take a rape baby who is a huge target everywhere. The kid is the main reason Becca is stuck there she should legit hate him on some post partum shyt

Butcher gotta go full demon mode now he lost his last bit of hope in the comics he didn't even have Becca to keep him from going over the edge

This hughie and starlight stuff is boring.

I'm mad amazon went from 3 ep premiere to one ep a week. I get that it keeps discussion for the show up but still a binge is always a better experience

Don't spoil anything for me but it sounds like you're saying Becca doesn't exist in the comics